Chapter 36: Watched

A/N:
Hey guys, I'm sorry for not updating in a while. I've been very busy since I transferred schools, along with my health, and I just have had a lot going on mentally. I hope you understand. Thanks.

_______________

"Your dad makes good Mac n cheese!" Elizabeth chirped. Gobbling down her meal and smiling at Charlie.

You weren't too hungry. You hadn't even finished your plate. The thoughts of William Afton and the mysterious bunny kept disturbing you, you had no appetite.

Micheal definitely did though.

"I know! Daddy, can I have more?" Charlie giggled. She was already on her third serving. You didn't know how she could possibly love his food so much.

"Sure, sweetie. Let me get it for you."

Henry grabbed both Charlotte's and Elizabeth's empty bowls and brought them into the kitchen to get each of the girls more. You sat there, unfazed. Simply waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Micheal looked over at you. "Not hungry?"

"No."

He looked like he was about to say something. Though, Elizabeth chimed in before he could. "Can I have the rest of yours then?!"

You smiled, just a little bit. "Yeah, sure."

Handing over your half to Liz, you finally noticed Chris sitting over in the corner of the table. He didn't seem to hungry either. Perhaps he was worried about the outcome of the situation like you.

Henry came back with the girls bowls, giving Liz a playful grin when he saw her eating your food.

"Hope you still got room for more, Elizabeth!" He chuckled, dropping the macaroni on the table for them. They laughed and Henry sat down, back beside Micheal.

Strangely, there was no Sammy at dinner either. Apparently, he was a very shy person. A lot like Chris, you noted. He was eating in his room. You were just surprised he and Chris weren't friends yet.

"Can I excuse myself?" You said suddenly. Henry and Micheal looked up at you, a bit confused.

"Oh, of course. If you're hungry there's food in the pantry." Henry concluded. You nodded before pushing your chair back and leaving, hoping you didn't sour the mood.

Walking down the hallway, you saw that Sammy's bedroom door was closed. He seemed like a very isolated child. You felt bad. It reminded you so much of Chris. You didn't know why he was like that either, or why Henry never seemed to care.

Maybe he did. You had only been here for a few hours. You shouldn't judge him. However, a best friend of William Afton is suspicious.

Deciding to go see the child, you knocked on the door. No one answered. A bit strange. But due to your undying curiosity and sympathy, you opened Sammy's door anyway.

The room was empty.

Seriously. The room was empty.

His window was wide open, his curtains hitting against the walls. You could smell the fresh air from the doorway. There were so many conclusions you could draw from this. But none of them made sense.

With even more stupidity, you walked towards the window and peeked your head out. It seemed safe. Without another thought, you jumped out of the window and were now attempting to track Sammy.

It was the heroic thing to do anyway. If Afton somehow found his way here, he could've possibly been the one to cause this. The thought of him hurting another child frightened you, and you only quickened your steps.

First, you looked around the backyard. Just to make sure Sammy wasn't lurking or playing. He wasn't.

There were no hints that showed where Sammy could've possibly gone to. No footsteps, personal belongings, messages, anything. You felt like you were observing a crime scene. Maybe you were.

A shutter ran through your body. It was dark out and you were really beginning to notice that. The paranoia of danger was starting to get to you. Sammy was probably dead.

At that moment, you saw a strange silhouette from the distance. It was a human figure. You had no idea who it was because it was too dark out. All you could see was black.

It could be Sammy, or it could be William. And you didn't want to test your luck.

You hopped back into his window. If it were Sammy, he knew his way back. If it were Afton, he would probably stand around for a while.

You waited at the window, for a long time. Praying to whatever god out there, that Sammy was going to jump through his window any moment now. You stood there in his bedroom, shaking.

He never came.

And that could only mean one thing.

You stayed in Sammy's bedroom and whipped out your phone, calling Micheal. You wanted to keep an eye on the window to make sure Afton doesn't come through. You kept it open, just in case.

"Micheal!" You yelled through the cell.

"Y/N? What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"No! Sammy's missing and William is back! We need to call the authorities—"

"Wait. Wait. You saw my father?!"

"Yes! And he took Sammy! Micheal, he probably killed the poor child!" You cried, looking through the darkness in despair.

"Calm down! Sammy has been here this whole time. He's in the living room right now. What are you talking about?"

You sniffled, stunned to silence. Your mission to save him was rather pointless. But what was that person doing in Henry's backyard?

"Y/N? Are you sure you're feeling alright? I know you didn't eat anything at dinner, so maybe you're just—"

You hung up on Micheal, not wanting to deal with his rambling right now. There was still someone out there. In fact, this person was probably listening to your conversation with Micheal.

Another chilling thought ran down your spine.

Why was Sammy's window open in the first place?