Chapter 55: I Just Died in your Arms Tonight

You felt uneasy going home with Henry. Not because of the two, of course. But you weren't ready to face Michael.

How was he going to react?

Was he going to hit you?

You never thought you could be scared of his presence. You had always felt so safe around him. He made you feel safe. It scared you to think he could turn out like his father. You always gave him the benefit of the doubt, never truly considering his genetics.

"Welcome home!" Elizabeth cheered. She stepped in front of you, waving her hands in the air as she walked through the door and turned back towards you.

It didn't look much different. It looked a bit more clean actually.

"Thanks, Lizzy..." Your voice wavered. Your eyes landed on a certain couch. The body wasn't there anymore.

Where was it.

You cleared your throat and looked away. Had the police taken care of it? Henry? That only disturbed you more. Your whole time in the ward, you spent thinking about what they did with Scotty's body.

You looked at Henry. He seemed content.

You didn't want to ask.

"I know you're probably wondering where Michael is..." Elizabeth sighed, noticing your distressed figure. "We haven't seen him in a few days. But maybe he'll be back soon!"

What?

"Okay, Elizabeth. Why don't you set up a tea party for us while I go chat with Y/N?" Henry shooed her. The nervousness unveiling through his tense face.

"Okay!" She quickly ran off, darting up the stairs and barely managing to keep balance. She was just too excited.

"He really hasn't been home in days?"

You turned back to Henry, your eyes unconsciously drifting to the couch as he lacked a response for a short time.

"This is going to be hard to explain. Can we sit—"

"No."

He sighed, pushing his hair back. "Well, you see, none of us knew where you were Y/N. We had thought something horrible happened to you! In fact, it was a relief to find you. Michael will be so happy."

You folded your arms. That made no sense. You fell unconscious with Michael in the same room as you. He should've clearly known where you were.

"Henry, no offense, but what you just said is stupid."

"Just let me explain." Henry fidgeted. "After you blacked out, Michael finally decided to let the police in and call an ambulance. He was temporarily arrested, but after explaining the situation he was let go." Henry looked away from you. "Unfortunately, he was arrested at Freddy's and we were unable to track your ambulance. Especially since Michael had to tell the EMT how you got hurt...they wouldn't tell us where you were."

You took all the information in. He was arrested? You supposed it made sense. But it didn't feel good. Now, he had a valid excuse for ignoring you. You had no one to release your pent up anger on.

"Henry, how long has it been since I've been gone?"

He seemed hesitant to answer. "...Almost two months."

The words rang through your head. Had it really been that long? It felt like a few days to you, a vacation! Was it even possible to salvage the relationship you had with Michael?

"I—um, wow..." You scoffed, looking at anything but him. And the couch.

"We have had to go to court a lot. Michael didn't go very much and it got him in more trouble. He faced a lot of large fines and almost went to jail again. I'm really worried for him."

His eyes expressed the utmost concern for Michael. You could see Henry only had good intentions, but he wasn't his father. He couldn't get Michael to do things he didn't want to do.

Even Michael's father wasn't a father.

"When do you think he'll come back?" You switched your weight onto one leg. Your legs were really get tired from all of this standing, but you refused to sit on that horrid couch.

"Sometimes he won't come home for a week. I have no idea where he goes or what he does. He just says he is looking for you." Henry began ranting. "Hell, even when he is home, he barely speaks! He comes and goes within a few hours! The boy's gone mad."

You didn't know what to say. You could relate to both sides of this. "I'm sure he's just coping in his own way."

Henry relaxed a bit, sighing. "I know you're right. But what he's doing isn't. Elizabeth misses him terribly. She needs her older brother. God, she can't lose both of them!"

Just like that, he was all worked up again. It seemed he riled himself quite easily.

You focused back on what he said. Henry was right. But the selfish part of you was pleased to hear about Michael's search for you. Was that wrong?

Henry nearly toppled over you as he was hit with the front door swinging open aggressively. You held him up as he practically fell on you. He scurried off of you and turned around. Neither of you expecting any visitors.

Your heart began racing, your eyes widened. You were glad Henry was somewhat in front of you.

"Jesus Chris, Henry. Get away from the door!" Michael snarled. Not bothering to look at him. He hadn't noticed you yet. Probably hadn't even looked at Henry either.

He fiddled with his pockets, looking for something, as he walked over to the stairs. He was too distracted with his own self he failed to notice your presence entirely.

As Michael was practically up the stairs, Henry jumped out of his daze. "Wait, Michael!"

Michael stopped in his steps, quickly turning around with a glare. "Wha—"

He stopped when his line of focus saw you. You stood there awkwardly, not saying anything. You didn't know what to say.

"Y/N?!"

You heard a clatter of footsteps coming behind him.

"Oh, great! Mikey's home! You guys can all join me for a tea party!"