Chapter 56: Welcome Home

A/N:
Sorry if I took a little while. Y'all will seriously not believe me when I say the Wattpad curse struck again. My sister had stomach surgery and I am dealing with the flu 🥰

__________________________

"I think we should all talk about this in the dining ro—"

Michael immediately rushed down the stairs, he was practically running at you. You felt fear, panicking that he was going to smack you or hurt you. You hadn't fully recovered from him actually hitting you.

As soon as Michael raised his arms up, a few inches from you, you panicked and backed away, opening the door and backing out. You stared at the group from the garage with your breath rapid.

He looked disappointed. You swallowed your feeling of guilt. It wasn't your fault you felt so scared.

"Y/N, I wasn't going to hurt you." Michael's face was wounded by your actions. You could see Elizabeth staring at you, quizzically, and Henry sympathizing.

"...oh."

You stared at each other for what felt like hours. You didn't dare step any closer or further, still keeping your distance in the garage. Your head pounded from the memories of his abuse.

"Elizabeth, I think Michael and Y/N would like some privacy. Why don't we get some ice cream?" Henry half-smiled, looking at the confused girl on the staircase.

Instantly, she jumped. Passing through Michael and Henry, she ran to the door and into the garage where you were, waiting at Henry's car.

"I'm ready!"

Henry muttered something to Michael that you couldn't hear and made his way to the car. With his keys, he quickly unlocked it for the two of them and they were quickly off to the ice cream shop.

The door was still open. There was about fifteen feet between you and Michael. But it felt much more vulnerable. You didn't like how it was just you two.

"Y/N, will you please step inside? Aren't you cold?"

"I'm fine where I am." You folded your arms, fighting the chills that were seeping into your freezing body. It was very cold out and the garage door had been left open.

Michael simply stared at you. You felt like a thousand eyes were watching. You hadn't felt his gaze in months. It was disturbing and unsettling.

"I've been looking everywhere for y—"

"You hit me."

Michael stuttered, "A lot was happening at the time!"

"You hit me."

Michael couldn't find any excuse for his behavior. He tried to explain himself, but nothing could excuse what he had done to you.

"Y/N, if I could take it back I would! I know you were just trying to help me. I was just really emotional." He hinted towards the subject of Chris, you felt a heaviness in your chest.

Nonetheless, his words can't take back what he'd done. You had to go to a psych ward because of him! He hurt you so bad you had a concussion!

You scoffed. "Nothing you say will make me forgive you."

He was speechless. You glared at him, slightly shivering, but petty enough to stay in the garage. Michael looked near tears, but he refused to look away.