Chapter 28: Victim

You couldn't sleep.

It was 2:46 in the morning and you hadn't slept once.

William was still down there, at least you thought. You hadn't heard any footsteps or him going up the stairs, which could only imply that he was still down there. And though you should feel some satisfaction and security with him being floors away from you, you didn't.

It just meant he was still working on that creepy Freddy head. You didn't know why he was so fixated on it. Shouldn't he be getting some sleep instead? You now knew why his eyes always looked so baggy and he drank loads of coffee.

Micheal hadn't been answering your texts either. The last message he sent you was to get some sleep and then he starting leaving you on sent. You had no other ways of channeling your problems to anyone besides Micheal. So this was worrisome.

You thought about your friends from school. It hadn't been too long since you had last talked to them, and you didn't know what their opinion on you was. Micheal's friends had become your friends but you hadn't seen them lately. And Brian just hadn't reached out to you. A bit hurtful.

You decided to try the group chat anyway.

Y/N: Is anyone up right now?

Shockingly, you immediately heard a chime from your phone. It was Vincent.

Vinny: Holy shit.
Vinny: You're alive? 😭

Rolling your eyes, you typed back a response with immediate relief. Vincent was comedic relief and a good distraction.

Y/N: Shut up. Are you with the guys right now?

Vinny: Just Jeremy but he's asleep. Why?

Y/N: Do you know Michael's dad at all?

Vinny: Yeah! He's a total weirdo! I heard from Mikey you're staying there?! How are you dealing with the creep??

Micheal: I'm trying to work.

Vinny: Wow. Your first words to me in a month are that? Go back to work Mikey.

Micheal: Why are you texting Vincent at 3 in the morning Y/N?

Y/N: He's my friend too. I was going to tell him about your dad.

Micheal: Can we just Group FaceTime? Texting is too difficult.

Vinny: Finally an invite. Usually it's just you two lovebirds having all the fun.

You ignored that with a slight blush on your cheeks and called the group, Micheal and Vincent picking up in a second.

"What was so important you needed to text the group chat for?" Micheal. He was grumpy as usual. He always acted like this when he was in front of his guy friends.

"Your dad is still downstairs with that Freddy head and it's creeping me out. He hasn't moved in hours! Like a freaking catatonic state!" You whispered back, your phone pushed right up against your lips.

"I remember when I slept over Micheal's house one time. His dad was doing the same thing. He was down there like all night. I didn't sleep well that night."

"Stop telling horror stories about my house to Y/N." Micheal scolded.

"Well should I be worried? What if he's plotting ways to murder me?!" My tone wasn't so low this time, I immediately clasped my hands over my mouth at my high-pitched voice.

"Quiet!"

"Quiet!"

There was a brief silence where we all waited for chaos to uproar. Or for our beating hearts to calm down.

"The walls are thin at my house, Y/N! You can't be so loud!" Micheal warned me for what seemed to be the fourth time. His voice was growing weary with fear for my well-being.

"Hopefully he didn't hear you." Vincent pitched in.

Suddenly, there were footsteps. Footsteps that got louder each step. Footsteps that seemed to be going up a staircase. Footsteps that seemed to have heard you. You remained silent.

"Shit. Do you hear that, Mike?"

"Yes. Y/N, don't be alarmed. He might just be going to bed or something."

This was getting way too creepy for you. You said nothing in reply, just desperately hoping that Afton was going to his bedroom. But your dreams were crushed when the footsteps seemed to have stopped right at your door.

The impending doom stayed impending. Afton didn't make a move for a bit, and no one on the phone spoke. It was as if they all knew what the situation was. You were going to pretend you were sleeping, but if you moved William would hear it.

"Is everything alright in there, darling?"

Your heartbeat fastened.

"...Y-yes. I'm sorry I was having a nightmare."

Micheal and Vincent listened through the phone with peak interest, both on guard.

"Do you mind if I come in there?" Afton asked rather gently, but his intent didn't seem so precious. You didn't know why he would want to. You didn't know what he wanted to achieve from coming in here. Maybe a dead body.

Just then, Micheal texted you.

Micheal: SAY NO.

But the ringer was on and very much so loud. It definitely was heard through the ears of William. You were at a loss for words.

"Um, I'm not decent right now actually." You thought up a good excuse. William could not come in here while you were naked and maybe he would go away hearing that.

There wasn't an answer for a few seconds.

"Hang up the phone with Micheal." His charismatic demeanor was gone. His voice was stern and vengeful and you honestly had no idea how he knew what you were doing.

"What?" You yelped, a failed attempt at stalling.

"Hang up the phone with Micheal. Before I make you."

Absolutely terrified, you did as told. Micheal waved on the camera to tell you to stop, and Vincent held a worried look on his face. But you did anyway. He was being like your father, and that was truly scary.

"Good girl. But for lying to me, I'm still coming in there." He began to laugh manically, you wondered if you were going to become a murder victim or a rape victim.

"I didn't lie!" You cried.

"Y/N, I know you're not naked. I have cameras installed everywhere." Tears began to well up in your eyes, this was becoming a nightmare. You didn't know what you did to anger him this much, but he was probably going to kill you!

And just like that, the door whooshed open.