Chapter 11: Hanging Out?

After the explanation, the three of us were all served detentions equally. I didn't get the chance to thank Michael as my mom pulled me out of the room but I remembered he had given me his phone number.

As my mother was driving me home I pulled my phone out and hesitantly texted him.

Y/N: Hey, I just wanted to thank you for earlier. For those punches, and for standing up to my mom.

Michael: Anything to keep her pants on.

Rolling my eyes, I put my phone down. Did I really expect him to take this seriously? I had finally given up on being nice to him, until I heard another buzz from my phone.

Michael: I'd do it again. I guess.

Mission accomplished. I could care less about how angered my mom was, I was more focused on the fact that Michael was finally being nice. I knew deep down he had a heart, it just takes a lot to get to it.

I fell into a peaceful slumber as I finally was at ease knowing my bully was no longer. At least, I hoped.

~

School was pretty miserable like any other day. The only thing that made it worse was serving dentition.

Michael and I didn't really run into each other today. So this would be a chance to see how he's going to react to seeing me. He was pretty bipolar so I wasn't sure if he was going to tease or be nice to me. But I was about to find out.

I sat in the back of the room, and Payton was in the front. I think he finally got the gesture that I wanted to be left alone. Not soon after, Michael walked in as well. But I felt disappointed when he sat with a group of girls. Maybe it wasn't the beginning of a new friendship.

Detention went by painfully slow. I tried to keep my gaze towards anything but Michael, but I couldn't. He was being way more obnoxious than usual, as if he wanted me to hear! He also wouldn't stop flirting with those girls which was very strange. He had mentioned he hated them, but whatever. Not like I care.

To my luck, detention was finally over. Payton was the first to leave. I chuckled at that. It was nice to see we left an impression on him. The fangirls left next as they all blew kissed towards Michael. I rolled my eyes.

I was going to be next, but then Michael walked over towards my desk, casually. As if he wasn't just being flirted with. Unbelievable. I tried to gesture I didn't want to be spoken to, but of course he didn't get the hint.

"Hey, Y/N."

"Hey." I answered blandly. I still was figuring out the reason myself as to why I was mad.

"Wanna hang?" Did he seriously just ask me that?

"Um, what?" I nearly choked on my own shock.

"I asked if you wanted to hang out." Michael rolled his eyes, whilst mine were widened.

"Since when were we friends?"

"I said truce, didn't I?" Michael snorted. This was very strange behavior. He had never wanted to be my friend, why the sudden change?

"Um, okay. When?" I hesitated, but I was desperate for friends. If I didn't make any soon I'd become a target to bullying, and I'd be very well respected if I made friends with the 'bad boys'.

"Now. Duh." There's the attitude. Rolling my eyes, I picked up my backpack and walked outside with him. We actually kept a conversation with no insults, mostly.

As we walked outside I noticed two things. One, his friends weren't here waiting for him and two, my skateboard!

"Are you here to taunt me with that, or are you actually going to give it back?" I hid my excitement. Michael grabbed the skateboard and gave it to me. I was speechless.

"I meant what I said." I simply nodded as he set his skateboard onto the ground and gestured me to follow him, which I did.

The skatepark was across the street from the school so it wasn't that much of a hike for either of us. Still, it felt very awkward to be hanging out with my former enemy.

"Where's your friends?" I chuckled.

"They got better things to do than hang around you." Michael sneered. I should've expected that type of response.

"Oh, but you don't?" I cooed, as I prepared myself for the ramps.

"Shut up."

In sync, we both set off the ramp and started free styling on our skateboards. Michael and I had a silent competition as each of our moves got gradually riskier.

Although we went back and forth with this, we still occasionally shouted insults and snarky remarks at each other, but this time it was different. It was all just for fun.

After I started sweating, Michael and I sat down on top of the ramp and took a break. He seemed just as tired as I was, as we both chugged our waters without hesitation.

"You got some nice moves, Michael." I admitted truthfully.

"Obviously." I glared, "But I'm down to hang out again."

"What? You got nothing better to do?" I teased.

"Hey! Not like you do either."

"True."

We continued to sip our beverages in a comfortable silence. It was actually enjoyable to hang out with Michael. Even if he was supposed to be my sworn enemy. I definitely had misjudged him, but that doesn't mean he's not a dick.

"Mike? What are you doing hanging out with that twerp?" I gazed up from the concrete and saw Michael and his friends standing in front of us.

"I thought you said they were busy!" I whisper-yelled.

"I thought they were!" He whispered back. His friends cleared their throats as they expected an answer.

"Relax fellas, we're just skating." Michael smirked unsurely. Each of his friends held glares except for one of them, I think his name was, Jeremy?

"Calm down guys...besides she's hot." I heard him whisper to his other friends. I blushed but held a straight face. I could've sworn I heard a growl from Michael though.

"Alright. She's cool. Can we join you?" Vinny grinned. I hesitated but I didn't really have a choice.

"Sure-"

"No."

We all turned to face Michael as he continued to shoot daggers at them.

"Aw c'mon, Mikey. We just wanna skate." Fritz teased.

"Then skate over there."

"Geez, protective, aren't we? Whatever. Let's go guys." With that, they all followed behind Vinny as they skated at the other side of the park. I turned to face Michael in shock.

"Why'd you do that?"

"I honestly don't know."