Chapter 3

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Chaeyoung,"

Jennie recovered as fast as expected except, she still doesn't have her memory back. As per the doctor, she can still regain her memory, she just needs it to come to her naturally so It wouldn't be shocking for her.

"Yes, please also put some photos of Jennie in the house." Chaeyoung messaged her secretary. "And edit some photo of us together,"

She has Lisa, her best friend, and her secretary to fix everything for her.

"Are you really going this far, Chaeyoung?" Lisa asked, "You know that her family is looking for her,"

It is true that Jennie's family is looking for Jennie, but she did it before too which made them confident that their daughter will come back. Kim's family knew Jennie very well, and when their daughter decided to have a peaceful time she will do it for months without contacting anyone.

That is how Jennie cleanse before. They just didn't expect that Jennie will do it again. However, back then, Jennie is not aware that her parents have hired someone to look after her.

Now, that she did it again. Kims don't have any idea what is happening to their daughter. There is completely no trace of where she is because Lisa already worked on that.

As much as possible Kim family doesn't like to announce the issue about their daughter as it can severely affect their business, If they are taking care of one thing, that is reputation, that is why they hired private investigators to look for Jennie.

"Can I at least have her until she remembers?" And for that, Chaeyoung just wants to have Jennie even for a short period of time, because Jennie can anytime remember and after this, the brunette will surely hate her for lying.

Why Lisa is also doing this? because she can see how Jennie changed Chaeyoung in an instant. Chaeyoung is not the type of person who will do this kind of craziness.

The Chaeyoung that Lisa knows will never do this and she never expected Chaeyoung to do this. She is surprised when she saw how vulnerable Chaeyoung is when she is taking care of the girl narcist named Jennie. It is like the Chaeyoung she knew when they are kid came back, the sweet and full of love Chaeyoung.

"Okay. Are you really leaving everything for this?" Lisa asked because Chaeyoung bought a house in the countryside where no one can know them.

She bought the house in an area where there is no neighbor and it is just Chaeyoung and Jennie.

"This is only temporary, Lisa." Chaeyoung coldly said which is giving Lisa chills.

"I prefer to talk to Inlove Chaeyoung than my best friend Chaeyoung," Lisa groaned, "Bye boss!" she immediately ended the call and smiled.

"I will also do everything to keep you happy," Lisa said as she looked at the picture of the three of them, Lisa, Sana, and Chaeyoung smiling together when they are still kids. Sana is from Japan, Lisa is from Thailand while Chaeyoung is from Australia but they grew up together in Korea.

"So, where am I living?" Jennie asked Chaeyoung.

"We were living together in the countryside for a year, we have a long farm and a pond where we can fish," Chaeyoung sweetly said as Jen laughed."There is also a mini-mountain where we can sightsee,"

"Countryside? seriously? It sounds strange," Jen said once again. "You don't look like someone who lives in countryside, especially me. I'm so beautiful for that place and you too"

"You don't like to live there?" Chaeyoung sadly asked. She should have considered what will Jennie feel. How can she do that when she doesn't even know Jennie personally? They just met in the bar and that's the only Jennie she knew.

Chaeyoung loves nature and she shouldn't assume that Jennie loves it too.

"If we are living there for a year now, then maybe I like living there," Jennie softly said and touched Chaeyoung's chin and lifted it up.

"Anywhere with you is fine with me," Jennie gave Chaeyoung a peck on her lips which also surprised her.

It is like an old habit of hers yet still feels foreign. This trait only happened once but that's when she's with Chaeyoung that night in the bed.

Jennie has been in love with her best friend Jisoo since they are in high school and has never liked anyone else, however, she never shown this kind of trait to her best friend/girlfriend.

Chaeyoung and Jennie bonded immediately while the brunette is staying in the hospital, just like how they immediately clicked when they first met in the bar.

And Jennie can clearly see how hands-on Chaeyoung is with her. She's happy to feel this way even she couldn't remember anything.

"If we live in the countryside then what is our work?"

"We.. We have a coffee bean farm and vegetables. Income is fine, we can survive," Chaeyoung lied, however, she can back it up since she is really fond of agriculture and always wanted to have her own farm to take over since she was a kid. Since she loves the smell and taste of coffee, she decided to focus on that.

"Oh, simple life," Jennie chuckled as she entered Chaeyoung's car. Jennie grew up spoiled by her parents, what would you expect with the daughter of one of the most powerful people in Korea. She's been living an extravagant life, and it is psychologically strange for Jennie.

"Yes, you loved it there," Chaeyoung drove the cheapest car she bought. And while driving the elegant woman felt another hand intertwined with hers.

"Hmm, I think, I have always done this before. I just feel doing it," Jennie shyly said.

Chaeyoung hid all the gadgets and blocked all the news on the television she bought. She is a smart woman and she's going this far to keep Jennie longer.

For this, Chaeyoung is acting impulsively but totally calculated. She doesn't really know why is she going this far just because of her new and strange feelings that she can't let go of.

"Wow, it's beautiful here. I now understand why I liked it here," Jennie cheered and hugged Chaeyoung as they arrive at their house which Chaeyoung hasn't been before.

"You think, I'll start remembering now? I bet, we have a lot of beautiful memories here," Jennie kissed the elegant woman's cheeks.

"Do you really have to remember?" Chaeyoung mumbled.

"What?" the brunette asked

"You know, leaving the past behind. and I want you to love me without depending on the past," Chaeyoung sincerely said and it is obvious that it has a hidden meaning behind her words.

"But I do think I love you now, and I feel like I've been in love all this time but I can't tell you now," Jennie pouted as pink shade is visible on her cheeks. "Why not? like you said, we've been together and lived together for a year. It's normal to feel familiarity, right? you're kind and beautiful,"

"You are in love all this time, but not with me. You love your best friend, your girlfriend. That's why you," Chaeyoung said on her mind, she ask Lisa to have background check on Jennie's relationship but never asked for names and what she gathered broke her heart even more.

The last time Chaeyoung broke her heart is when she's 10 years old. It's nothing new to her. She can brush it off, she can bear it like how she managed to survive.

"I want you to love me," Chaeyoung painfully thought. "Love me, not because you are in love in your past and mistook me of someone,"

"Of course, Jen. But isn't it good to make you fall in love with me again?" Chaeyoung chuckled as she peppered Jennie with kisses. "I can't just wait for you to remember me,"

"That's better," Jennie said. "Then prove to me that you can make me fall in love with you all over again. This beautiful human deserves it," she smirked as Chaeyoung chuckled.

"I hope it wouldn't last," Chaeyoung chuckled at herself.