Chapter 30

It has been little over two months since Lennon left for college abroad. In the span of which many things have happened, certainly things that he was bound to experience as a seventeen year old going abroad on his own for the first time. It was as filled with adventure and novelty as it was with struggles and hardships- the biggest of which being so far away from his family. No matter how much he had prepared himself for it, it was still not the most ideal situation.

He has always been very close with his family, especially his mom and younger sister. So going from seeing them everyday, being around them as long as he wasn't in school; life felt peculiarly empty and lonely without them. Although, his mother called every single day without fail, he missed being able to physically be around her and his siblings, even if he were naturally quiet and would often prefer observing them happily from the sidelines.

The new environment was simple to navigate. Lennon has always had a knack for academics and encountered no trouble in keeping up with his older peers, getting satisfactory results and praise from professors. He had a single dorm room to his own and no roommates to try and get along with. This had its perks of course, but it also meant that he'd found it harder to make friends and not spend most of his time holed up in his room or in a library with his head stuck in a book or a computer. 

One day. It only took one day where his mom didn't call on their usual time for him to realize something was amiss. He tried to dismiss it as paranoia first. Surely, she would be busy with the event and then too tired after to be able to call. He paced his room, finished his homework, looked out the window, and paced some more, still anxious. It didn't take him much time to get on his laptop and find the news about his mother's project all over the internet. From the looks of it, it was quite the shock and had put a premature end to the event. Browsing page after page of magazines and trashy tabloids, his brain reeled with thoughts and possibilities, but mostly he tried to focus on what he could do. There probably wasn't much he could help with, but the entire situation was unsettling. First things first, this project was under the works for months, he didn't think his mom nor Xavier would disregard something as important as the property rights. Secondly, it was never a good omen if his father was involved, which all the magazines indicated in some way or another that he was. 

Lennon put on his blue light glasses and browsed the news some more, trying to find out what happened. He had been dialling his siblings and mom for awhile, but their phones were either busy or unavailable. The frustration of not knowing what was happening exactly, not having anyone pick up his calls to inform him made him throw his phone angrily at the mattress and focus on trying to piece together the facts.

These was one of those times that Lennon hated being curious and so skillful at getting exactly the information that he wanted. When you'rr fixating upon one subject in your searches, and if you know to manipulate the engine just the right way, you could get out more information that you bargained for.

Infamous tycoon Zachary Bradford's legal troubles continue to mount as he is set to face bankruptcy proceedings in the High Court, demanded by a consortium of banks striving to recover unpaid debt worth nearly 500 million pounds. 

Lane&Jones, the law firm which had won said case for the banks earlier this year, confirmed that their bankruptcy petition against the businessman was transferred to the insolvency list in the High Court of Justice for a hearing.

"The hearing is expected to take place in the Spring." Lawyer Lane, said.

Lane&Jones has been representing the banks in their efforts to recover their dues as part of the worldwide freezing order, with the bankruptcy petition aimed at seizing his assets to recover dues.