Chapter 28

<Belladonna POV>

The snow was sticking, it was time.

The last few days we had spent training. Training long and fast, just in case it came to a fight, which it would, I had only encountered the Volturi twice in my existence and never the kings but they were ruthless, no-one lived once they decided you were dead. That's why I trained even harder than anyone else.

Right now we were lining up on a large, empty field covered in snow. The hybrids and their families were stood behind me while I stood next to Bells, Eddie, Ren and Ren's wolf. Damien was stood by his new-found mate, Zafrina from the Amazon and planned to go back with her and her coven-sister Senna if they lived through this.

Soon we heard footsteps running towards us, Garrett, a vampire Carlisle had fought with once and owed him his life and was mated to Kate Denali, tried to be funny.

"The red coats are coming." He muttered, "The red coats are coming."

I giggled at his poor excuse of a joke before the Volturi stopped on the opposite side of the field. The kings and elite guard in the middle, lower guard and witnesses surrounding them. They were protected. Carlisle tried to reason with Aro - seemingly the head king.