Chapter 31

<Belladonna POV>

I had finally found them. My mates are vampire royalty and are threatening my family. I will never judge them for their past decisions and acts nor those that were necessary. But I will not - cannot - go with them to Volterra while they wish harm upon my family.

"Il nostro compagno, we have found you at last." Aro whispers as he strokes my cheek, That one touch sent shivers up my spine, I had to resist the urge to lean into his hand. He frowned. "Tesoro, why do you resist me?" I straightened my spine as he let his hand fall, I had to stop myself from whining at the lack of physical contact.

"You wish harm upon mi familia. I can forgive you for the other acts you have done under your reign, but I will not go with you until you stop harassing my family." I had to deny myself the pleasure of crying out at the sudden pain in my chest - if I did my mates will go into overdrive and kill anyone who could be causing me pain. I looked at my mates and saw their eyes fill with venom that will never fall.

"We had come to the conclusion the child - you're niece?" Aro asked, eyes filled with venom, I nodded, my eyes matching his, "Would be of no harm to vampires and we had no more business here - We were about to leave when we found you my dear." I smiled, relieved.

"Well then there is nothing holding me away from you." I whispered and was immediately knocked to the ground by my three mates attacking me in hugs, I quickly put up a fake image or a hologram to keep up appearances of the four of us talking before hugging my three mates back, kissing their cheeks one-by-one, starting with Marcus then Aro and finally Caius.

Soon the three realised everyone was still there and tried to get up, I pulled them back down.

"Mio Fiore, everyone is looking. We love you, but we have a reputation Angel." Aro tried convincing me, I giggled.

"While you are touching me - skin-on-skin - no-one can see or hear you. I set up a hologram so everyone simply thinks we are talking." The three of them had expressions of awe on their faces as they got up, still holding onto me as we got into our former positions and I cancelled the hologram as they dropped my hands.

"So I will see you guys tomorrow?" I asked, picking up my holograms' conversation. I found my mates' confused looks helarious.

"Why?" Aro asked and I giggled.

"To pick me up so we can go back to Italy of course!" I giggled and winked at them and turned before walking back to the Cullen's side and we sped off into the forest. I ran straight home so I could start packing.