Chapter 30

<Belladonna POV>

Bells, Ren and Ren's pet mutt started to walk across the field towards Eddie and the Volturi, pausing momentarily to look over at me. I smiled and walked to meet them before the three and a half of us walked to meet them.

"Ah, young Bella! Immortality becomes you." Aro greets before looking at me, "And... Who are you, my dear?"

"Belladonna Mayflower." I replied my face cold as I looked in between his eyes, giving the semblance of eye contact without actually giving it.

"A beautiful name for a beautiful woman." He complements before Ren walks up to him, her heartbeat louder with nerves. Aro laughed... I think.

"I hear her strange heart!" He exclaimed, my niece just kept a straight face and greeted him with a steady voice.

"Hello Aro." She said as she laid her hand on his cheek using her gift to show him her memories - completely ignoring his out-stretched hand, I lightly giggled in my mind.

"Magnifico." He whispered in awe. I giggled out loud, what? It was funny how the king of vampires had the same reaction to her as every other vampire she has met. Luckily, he ignored me and turned to the Volturi, "Half mortal, Half immortal! Conceived and carried by this new born, while she was still human."

Caius shot forward "Impossible!" He accused glaring daggers at my family.

Aro stilled, "You think they fooled me brother?" Instead of answering and without breaking eye contact with Aro he ordered 'The Informer' forward. Irina was shoved out of the line of vampires and onto the 'No-Man's Land' in between the two armies.

"Is that the child you saw?" Caius questioned, Irina looked at us stood surrounding Ren and looked down - defeated.

"I'm not sure." She muttered

"Jane." Caius called over his shoulder, I flinched having felt the blonde's power before.

"She's changed!" Irina rushed out, "This child's bigger."

"Then your allegations were false." I looked away and moved Ren's gaze towards me - she doesn't need to see the inevitable.

"The Cullen's are innocent." She admitted, I covered Ren's ears and sent a song to her, loud enough to cover any screams, Bells sent me a thankful look, "I take full responsibility for my mistake." She turned to her coven and mouthed 'I'm sorry.' just as her head and arms were torn from her body and the pieces burned.

I turned Ren's song off and looked up at the kings while Kate and Tanya were blinded, accidently meeting Aro's eyes. I tore my gaze away only to meet the eyes of Caius, a small sound drew my attention to Marcus before I lost myself in his scarlet eyes. I didn't believe it.

The Volturi kings were my mates.