Chapter 4

I step out the taxi and make my way inside our apartment with Milly

I step out the taxi and make my way inside our apartment with Milly. "Well, at least you know the security is good, you shouldn't get trouble working there, maybe," Milly says, twisting the lock on the door as she closes it.

I nod my head as I lean on the sofa with one hand, flicking the heel strap off with my other hand while replying. "Yeah, it looked like a decent place, let's just hope I get the job, I've never worked behind a bar before, and my art knowledge isn't exactly going to help me make cocktails."

"You'll be fine, I'm sure they will provide some sort of training, the ad didn't say you needed experience so," Milly shrugs as she walks towards her bedroom.

Once my heels are off, I unzip the back of my dress and walk into Milly's bedroom, placing the dress into the laundry basket I grab a pair of pj shorts and top before slipping them on.

"I wonder if you will meet Alexander," Milly speaks from the bathroom.

I nod, even though she can't see me directly. "Yeah, maybe? I don't know. If I was a billionaire, I'd be off on a private yacht somewhere getting my minions to keep earning money for me back home," I laugh.

I walk into the bathroom and find Milly washing her make up off. I grab a flannel for myself before running it under the tap and working on my make up.

"Maybe one day we will win the lottery and become millionaires," Milly smiles at me through the mirror.

I shake my head before wincing, I need to drink some water and take some paracetamol before I go to sleep. "Unfortunately, my bank account is never going to witness that many zeros, it barely witnesses more than one," I laugh, and Milly laughs as well.

"Don't worry babe, everything will find a way of working itself out," She smiles warmly at me. "Now, I need to go to bed because I am fucking dying right now, what happened to one drink," She adds, moaning as she exits the bathroom.

"Yes Milly. What happened to one drink huh?" I speak louder into the bedroom. "Are you on drop off tomorrow?" I ask, knowing Milly will occasionally drop the boys off at school.

"God no!" She shouts back, "I'm on pick up tomorrow...or should I say today, I don't need to be there until three, so I can lounge around and sleep all morning."

I brush my teeth before walking out the bathroom and flicking the light switch, "Nice, I have a lecture but not until four so we can chill," I reply. "Sleep well."

"Love you babes," Milly replies hopping under her duvet, "Switch the light on you way out please."

I flick the light, shut the bedroom door, and make my way over to the sofa. I push the cushions off and push the coffee table towards the TV unit before grabbing the sofa handle and pulling it out.

Once I've made my bed, I wonder to the kitchen and grab a glass of water before chugging it down and placing the empty glass in the sink.

I move to the bed and snuggle down, praying for warmth to engulf me quickly.