Chapter 37

By midday, the officers had called to organise an appropriate time to come by and take Rosie's statement

By midday, the officers had called to organise an appropriate time to come by and take Rosie's statement. They'd be coming at two.

Milly had needed to get going, she was having Bella's husband, Edward, pick her up and take her by the apartment to pack before she would be going back to theirs.

I saw her off and spoke to Edward, he assured me Milly would be safe at theirs and to ensure Rosie not to worry. I felt better knowing Milly was safe even if she wasn't under my roof.

I could tell Rosie was nervous as she showered and dressed ready, I took her in my arms and kissed her until we were both breathless and I had a raging hard on.

Now, were sat as Rosie recounts the events of last night. From noticing the men at the club, to what happened when they attacked her. She relayed what they said and told the officers about the threats she'd received.

I had to force myself to relax all throughout, Rosie didn't need me going off on a stampede right now.

"Where are the written threats?" One of the officers asks.

"At my apartment," Rosie replies.

He nods before continuing, "We'd like to obtain them, as evidence."

Rosie nodded before turning to me, "We can get them later and drop them to the station?"

I nod in response, and she turns back to the officers. Once they were finished with their questions, they left us to it, ensuring they would be in contact when they had any further news.

Just as they were standing to leave, the intercom buzzed with a visitor. I knew who it would be.

I saw the officers out, and greeted Christopher, our family lawyer, as he made his way into the building.

When we stepped into the penthouse, Rosie frowned at the new guest. I hadn't told her that I'd planned for Christopher to come round this afternoon to discuss what legal action to take against Rosie's parents, I didn't want to stress her out even more so I'm not surprised she looks surprised.

"Rosie," I speak, moving towards her. "This is Christopher, he's our family lawyer."

Rosie's eyes widen as she stands, "Oh, it's nice to meet you, Christopher."

"Please, call me Chris. You must be Rosie White," He replies as he takes her hand in his.

We take our seats again as I explain to Rosie what Christopher is here for. I can tell she's reluctant to share information, but she does.

She talks through her life, her name changes and the action her father took to ensure Rosie would stay out of their lives.

"Your grandmother's name is?" Christopher asks.

"Elsie, Elsie Stone."

"Did your grandmother have a will?" He asks.

Rosie nods, "I think she did, I'm not sure."

Chris looks towards her, "You weren't present for the reading of the will?"

Rosie frowns and shakes her head, "No? Should I have been?"

Christopher sits up and places his pen down from where he was taking notes. "Did your grandma ever discuss her inheritance with you? Anything she might have left for you?"

"I don't think so, she never really mentioned anything. But well," Rosie pauses.

"What?" I ask.

"She did mention just before she passed away that I wouldn't have to worry, that I would be alright and I would be able to paint, and that I'd be set up for life."

I look towards Christopher. My blood boiling.

"I never really thought much of it," Rosie continues. "I thought she was just telling me what I wanted to hear you know? Why, do you think that she could have left me something?" She asks.

Christopher clears his throat, "From what you've told me about your childhood, I would be very surprised if your grandmother left anything she owned to your mother and father, wouldn't you?"

Rosie nods slowly, "I mean, I guess."

"I'll look into it, but I wouldn't be surprised if your parents meddled in this."

Rosie squeezes my hand tighter, "You think that could have happened?"

Christopher nods, "Let me look into it, I'll be in contact."

Rosie nods and remains seated as I shake Christopher's hand and show him out.

I take a moment in the elevator on the way back up to take some deep breaths.

If I thought my parents were selfish people, it's nothing compared to the scum who get to call themselves Rosie's parents.

How in the hell did they produce such an incredible, angelic, caring person?

Actually, I do know, it sounds like I have her grandma to thank for that. I'll do whatever I can to get justice for Elsie as much as Rosie.