Chapter 58

A few weeks later

A few weeks later

"Cheers!" We all shout in unison, clinking our glasses together. I settle back into Alex's warm body as I watch Milly down her glass of fizz quickly. She's been on edge since she came face to face with Michael and Brandon, I'm pretty sure the blush on her cheeks isn't just from the alcohol.

Alex booked out one of the private booths in the club for the evening, to celebrate me and Milly finishing our degree. All our exams and final assessments are over and we can relax, celebrate.

These past few weeks have been bliss. Me and Milly let go of our apartment, Milly moving in with Bella, to be with the boys full time over summer. They leave for their summer adventure through Europe in a couple of weeks.

When I received all the assets and money my grandma left to me, the first thing I did was put some money aside for Milly. She'll have an apartment, a house, whatever she wants when she gets back from Europe, and if Alex has his way, it will be perfectly safe and secure.

Since we got home from Paris, I've been commissioning art work for friends of Bella's and Alex's. Starting small and working my way up. My website is finally up and running and Olivia even offered me to have some of my work displayed in her shop to promote me even more.

Speaking of, my afternoon today was spent with her. Baby Cayden came two weeks early but healthy and content. I spent the afternoon sat on her sofa with her having ultimate baby cuddles while Alex and James talked all things hockey and business.

"We had to go out and buy all these tiny baby grows because he didn't fit in any of the ones we bought," Olivia said as she sipped her coffee, "And then he's already grown out of them!"

I laugh and glance down at the little chubby baby in my arms, Cayden's big blue eyes flutter open as he stretches his legs out. He squirms and wriggles before settling back into a deep slumber.

"You look good though," I state.

Olivia smiles, "I was so tired at first, but we're getting into a routine, or trying to, me and James are taking shifts with him at night and I have enough people to form an army of help. Honestly, the team have been round with enough gifts to open a gift shop. He's not even two weeks old and he's spoilt rotten!" Olivia laughs.

"He's precious," I smile.

When I glanced up at Alex, sitting across the room talking with James, he obviously sensed me staring and looked towards me, smiling that small smile I know is just for me. All I could think is I can't wait to have this with him, our own little family.

From where I thought I'd be six months ago, is no where near where I am now, and it's all thanks to him. Alex's perseverance, his love, his kindness, just him. I don't know what I'd do without him.

"Lets dance!" Milly's shouting brings me back down to reality.

Alex gives my hip a tight squeeze before letting me go and I take Milly's hand as we make our way down the stairs to the dance floor.

I don't worry about looks from people, I don't worry about feeling uncomfortable or worried. I just dance. We dance. Milly is smiling like I've never seen her smiling before, and I feel like I might have that look on my face as well.

I look up to the terrace above, where Alex, Michael and Brandon are leaning over, watching us like hawks. My skin prickles with energy, like it always does when my man is watching me.

We're right where it all started, and as I dance, I know. I'm safe, and I'm home.

~Final chapter will be published tomorrow~