Chapter 5

I hop out of the Uber and bypass the long queue of people heading out to enjoy their Saturday night

I hop out of the Uber and bypass the long queue of people heading out to enjoy their Saturday night. Walking straight up to the bouncers, the same ones from Wednesday night, I ignore the comments from the party goers to my side.

"Join the queue love," the one who checked my ID mutters towards me.

"I have a trial shift," I reply, and he takes his time eyeing me from tip to toe.

I don't like the judgemental look in his eye but keep my thoughts and feelings to myself, as usual.

"Name?" he asks.

"Rosie White," I smile, handing my ID to him.

He nods before letting me enter through the VIP rope, which, in all VIP fashion, leads in the same route as the 'normal' people.

I hold back a laugh and walk to the lady manning the computer, relaying the same thing I told the bouncer.

She pulls a walkie-talky out from under her desk. "H, I need you at the front," she grumbles.

I stand there feeling a little out of place while she glares at me, a few minutes later this 'H' appears and gestures for me to follow him.

He looks as rough as the bouncers outside, bald headed, thick muscles and tattoos. I follow him up the stairs in the corner of the club, passing other security and walking through the second-floor terrace, which is full of larger booths, each with their own dancer and then up another flight of stairs to a dark corridor.

The corridor is lined with three closed doors, two on the left and one on the right. Two security guards line the corridor by the stairs.

"Where exactly are we?" I ask. H turns towards me, his glare enough to make me drop my gaze. "The boss meets all potential employees."

"The boss?" I ask again shyly.

He stops abruptly again, turning fully towards me, "Yes, the boss, Alexander Carlson."

The boss.

Alexander Carlson.

SHIT.

I stay routed to the spot as he walks forward again down the corridor, I rub my sweaty palms down my bodycon dress.

Once H is at the door on the right, he turns around, expression ready to say something, then falters when he realises, I'm still down the corridor.

"You coming princess?" he shouts.

I nod and quickly walk-run towards him, stopping at the door.

"Knock and boss will tell you when you can enter," he replies and I nod again, before watching him walk off down the way we came.

I clear my throat quietly before knocking twice on the hard wooden door, a few seconds later I hear a muffled, "Come in."

I twist the handle and have to use both hands to push the door open. The room is dark, only being lit by a lamp on the desk and the lights coming from the floor to ceiling windows at the back, overlooking the club. I close the door behind me and turn to face the big boss.