Chapter 39

After being left in what felt like a puddle of arousal this morning in the closet, I was worried I wouldn't even be able to contain myself around Alex until, as he put it, tonight

However, I was distracted throughout the day as we ran errands. Getting my bits from the apartment to bring to Alex's, dropping the letters at the station to provide as evidence before we came back to Alex's.

Alex was shocked at the small weekend bag I had filled with my belongings. "Where's the rest?" He asked.

"This is all I have, most of the clothes are Milly's, we share them, but she paid for them. These are my belongings, I only have clothes and toiletries, what else am I supposed to have?"

Alex shook his head, looking too big in the small apartment, "I don't know? I thought you'd have more," He frowned. "What about art supplies? Where are they? You can keep on with your work at mine."

I stood in the middle of the bedroom, I felt slightly ashamed. I shuffled from foot to foot and shrugged.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I don't have anything," I replied.

His frown deepened, "How do you paint?"

"I only ever paint at uni, when I have studio time," I replied.

"Why? I thought you enjoyed painting?"

I crossed my arms over my chest, "Painting is my life Alex, but food came before art supplies."

Alex tensed as the words left my mouth, he sighed before approaching me, bringing me into his arms. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean...I didn't...I-"

"It's alright, I know what you meant," I smiled up at him.

"Come on," He whispered, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

We drove to the station before driving back to Alex's apartment. I had enjoyed being out for a while, if only to do those small jobs. Although Alex's place was beautiful and relaxing, I felt bored and restless even just being there for a day.

For the rest of the afternoon, we lounged around in his living room, watching movies, and talking. When we weren't watching the TV or talking, we were making out like horny teenagers.

I felt safe, I felt loved, I felt like I was at home.

We made dinner and ate at the dining table before retreating to the bedroom. I suddenly felt all kinds of nervous.

I hadn't had the chance to prepare myself today, I wanted to take some time to make sure I was...clean?

Alex walked into the closet and started stripping off his shirt. I stood like a lost puppy in the bedroom.

"Erm Alex?" I asked.

He poked his head around the door, "Yes peaches?"

I wiped my clammy hands down my jeans, "Are we...should...I...shall," I coughed to clear my throat as Alex exit the closet in a pair of loose-fitting pyjama bottoms.