Chapter 3: "Got Us Fooled"

Economy Class was quite nasty with Owen's constant panicking. It seemed like Miranda was the only one unphased by his screaming because of the earbuds in her ears.

Noah rolled his eyes at Owen.

"Stop sweating, lunchbox. Air travel is like the fifteenth safest mode of transportation. Unless you're in a deathtrap."

As if the devil had heard him, a massive hole ripped open in the plane, trying to suck everyone out.

"This one for example!"

Everyone struggled to hold on and Miranda was nearly letting go. As soon as she thought she couldn't hold on any longer, Alejandro grabbed hold of a rope and her hand, pulling her close. He turned to see LeShawna in a similar state.

"This is not the way LeShawna is leaving this world!"

Alejandro used his free hand to grab her as well.

"Such beauty will not fall through that airplane hole on my watch!"

LeShawna swooned, relishing every second, while Miranda looked at him with anxious eyes. She glanced up at their hands intertwined with a rope in the middle of their palms. She couldn't deny that she felt safer, but her anxiety about him prevented total tranquility.

Owen's body eventually plugged the hole in the plane. Everyone who was airborne crashed onto the floor. LeShawna continued to snuggle up to him, while Miranda carefully let her grasp on his hand slip.

Alejandro turned to Miranda. "Are you two alright?"

"Yeah. T-Thank you, for that." Miranda nodded, clearing her throat to hide her uncertainty.

Harold was not happy with this.

"I could've done that. I just prefer to leave the ladies wanting more."

"She wants me more, alright. More Alejandro." DJ teased.

"Guys, you don't know anything about women." Harold scoffed.

"You know, you can put me down now. I mean, if you want to, your choice. Because this is nice..." LeShawna swooned, making Miranda roll her eyes.

DJ smirked. "Mhm. Nothing."

Owen quickly butted in. "Not that this isn't fascinating and all, but... help! My butt is being sucked out of a plane!"

A few people went over to help him, but Miranda snuck off to the confessional.

"If LeShawna's going to relish in Alejandro's attention, that's her loss. Sure, I'm thankful he protected me. But you can never put too much trust in a person. It's how you get hurt...or in her case, lose a million dollars."

Chris soon called everyone to the Common Area.

"Welcome to today's challenge! It's-"

Harold cut him off. "Is it a reward or elimination challenge?"

"Good question, Harold. And like I'm gonna tell you."

Tyler whispered to the people around him.

"Two of us got booted last time, so today has reward written all over it."

"I can use a reward. Especially if it's candy! Or shoes! Or shoes made of candy!" Lindsay smiled.

"And I hope you all brought your radioactive monster repellant because we are about to land in... Japan!"

Chef came out in costume, but it didn't please Harold.

"Gosh, you guys. That's totally a Chinese outfit."