Chapter 19: "The Me No One Else Sees"

It didn't take long for the mayhem to return to the contestants after their short break. But it was long enough to where they got comfortable enough to put their guards down. Big mistake.

Early in the morning of their return, they were each brought into the cargo hold, one by one as they slept their troubles away. Once everyone was gathered, the floor vanished beneath them, making them fall fast toward the ground. Owen was the first to wake up from his twisted, candy-filled dream to see this, immediately alarmed by the sight of reality.

"Wake up, guys!"

Soon, everyone was wide awake and screaming as Chris called down to them from the safety of the plane.

"Hey, kids! You better get into your paddle boats!"

Two large swan boats began plummeting after them. The contestants gripped onto them for dear life and they crash-landed into the flowing water below. They all groaned with annoyance and slight pain as they crawled into the swan boats to try and regain some sense of what exactly was happening.

"I'm starting to question my mom's crush on Chris, just a little..." Sierra mumbled.

Owen looked behind him, his eyes suddenly going wide with horror as the panic took over him again.

"W-W-Water...!"

Courtney glared exasperatedly as he began to grip her for security.

"Yes, Owen, we know we're in the water."

However, Owen had a perfectly good reason to freak out, as did everyone else once they saw that they were headed for the edge of a gigantic waterfall.

"Wa...Wa...!" Heather gasped.

"Waterfall! Quick, paddle!" Alejandro exclaimed quickly.

"We're all gonna die!" Owen cried as everyone in their boat began to pedal their feet for their lives.

"If you let us live, I will tutor any brain dead who requires it, even Duncan!" Courtney prayed desperately.

"If we live, I'll forget she ever said that," Duncan answered.

"If we live, I'll let Sierra kiss me!" Cody yelled helplessly.

It was so helpless in fact that they stopped paddling for a second to stare at Cody with dumbfounded expressions.

"What? Like we're gonna make it!"

Sierra gasped, an uncontrollable urge and determination filling in her system.

"I. Want. My. KISS!"

With no time to waste, she took some rope, tied Owen up, and threw him onto the other boat. She began pedaling her feet at unmatchable speed, until both boats zoomed onto the shore, the force toppling them over. People flew onto the sand, coughing and groaning in discomfort.

At first, Miranda was personally groaning at the pain her head had faced from the impact, until she realized where she'd landed. That handsome smirk underneath her gave her a whole new reason to groan.

"You just can't keep your hands off me, huh, dollface?"

Miranda pouted, quickly getting up to avoid anyone else noticing.

Alejandro snickered, putting his hands on her shoulders.

"Don't give me that look. You know it's true."

"Yeah, yeah, keep telling yourself that."

Chris eventually met up with the group on the beach, presumably to begin the challenge for the day.