Chapter 9: "A Simple Touch"

"I'm glad Lindsay's team won the last challenge and everything...But her being up in First Class and me being back here...it sucks." Tyler frowned reluctantly.

Owen agreed nervously. "Um...yeah, I know exactly what you mean. When I'm...uh, away from Izzy for too long, I'm really-"

He was cut off by Noah. "Happy? Because your girlfriend is a complete and total nut job? And I'm not talking tiny peanuts, that girl is a Brazil nut-sized nut job."

"Hey, where is Izzy, anyway?" Owen asked.

"I saw her got to the cockpit to talk with Chef." Alejandro piped up, making everyone else gasp with horror.

As if on cue, there was a loud noise and a massive amount of turbulence. It even made the hazy ones like Miranda snap out of their daze. She in particular had been listening to music and zoning out until the rude awakening.

Once it stopped, Heather smirked at Alejandro and Miranda, who had been strapped in beside each other.

"Having some trouble controlling your team, Alejandro?"

He looked at his scattered team. Owen was sucking his thumb in the storage bin above them, Noah got his head stuck in a bird cage, and Tyler was nauseously groaning in another storage bin.

Luckily, he and Miranda had strapped in earlier, knowing full well that chaos like that was coming. He was relieved to have one prepared person on his team.

"Your attempts to insult my team are...cute." he grinned cheekily.

Heather rolled her eyes. "Whatever, my girl power team is going to win. We don't get distracted by anything. Especially boys."

Those last two words were directed more at Miranda since Heather gestured to Alejandro. Said subject rolled her eyes and pointed to Sierra sobbing with a tub of ice cream. Alejandro chuckled at his teammate's silent clap back.

Heather angrily went over to her. "Get it together!"

She dragged Sierra out of the room by her braid. Alejandro looked up at the storage cubbies once again.

"All clear."

Cody popped out from where he was hiding, asking Alejandro to come to the confessional with him. He rolled his eyes, halfheartedly walking with Cody behind his back.

Miranda didn't care about anything going on with them though, all she wanted was to be in First Class. Well, she'd still be in the same room as Alejandro, which was always something to worry about, especially lately. But she'd rather have the luxuries to distract her from it.

Speaking of the Spaniard, he made his way back to Economy, finally detaching himself from Cody. He took his place back next to Miranda and Noah. But no one got too comfortable because the intercom came on.

"Ahem! This is your captain speaking! If you look out your window, you'll get to see what happens when a plane does a somersault!"

Izzy's playful monologue was quickly interrupted by Chef taking the receiver.

"Gimme that! Uh, you all might wanna hang onto something heavy!"

Everyone in Economy grabbed a part of Owen while the plane was tossed and turned until it landed in a body of water. Everyone got out, being greeted by the illuminated Eiffel Tower. Miranda was practically breathless when she saw it, for it was something she'd only ever dreamed of seeing in person. She couldn't fathom that she could mark this sighting off her bucket list.

Everyone met up in front of the Louvre museum, which was another gorgeous view in it.

"I didn't exactly get a chance to prep my introduction, what with the unexpected water landing and all, just gonna give the highlights. France, city of love, art gallery, filler, lots of artwork, priceless, priceless artwork..."