Chapter 26: "Change My Heart"

A tropical island as beautiful as Hawaii normally felt like a dream come true to most people. The stunning blue of the ocean, the white, finely milled sand, and the comfortable sunshine beaming down to make the foam of the waves twinkle. However, when there were a million dollars on the line, it was difficult to soak in that heavenly sun.

And Miranda felt bad for being nervous about it. She never, in a million years expected to make it to the finale of Total Drama World Tour. She'd never come for the money in the first place, but here she was playing for it. Sure, she wasn't going to go through with her original plan anymore, but that didn't mean the money had suddenly become her number one priority. Honestly, she felt void of purpose now. She felt like she didn't deserve to be in this position.

Alejandro, on the other hand, couldn't have been feeling more content with his position. Cody was going to be a pushover to beat, then all he'd have to do is beat Miranda and take home his prize. He'd worked so hard after all this time, took down so many to get where he was. But, out of all the people he expected to be duking it out within the end, he'd never expect it to be these two. A weak boy built like a twig who had been carried by a psychopath, and the most innocent, sweet, and gorgeous girl who hadn't even come for the prize money in the first place. It didn't matter, though. No matter who he'd ended up with here, that money was his, and nothing was going to tell him otherwise.

He strolled his way up to Miranda, who was currently on her phone, texting her parents about the upcoming finale. He plopped his elbow on her shoulder, garnering her attention.

"I wish to congratulate you on second place, doll. Quite admirable, I must say."

She couldn't help but snicker. "I'll happily take second. Just getting this far is literally blowing my mind."

"I'm happy to see you here. If I was going to give anyone the honor to be beaten by me, it would be you, gorgeous."

"Oh, please~ Don't worry about me. You've basically already won. I never came for the money, you know that. I shouldn't have the right to fight for it."

Alejandro pouted. "Oh, come now, dollface. You certainly deserve to be here, considering all you've been through. You may not want the money, and that's fine. But, I don't want to give up now. Haven't I always told you that I want you at your best?"

Miranda rolled her eyes playfully. "Yes~"

Well, this is no exception. I think you and I have put on quite a show, let's end it with a bang, shall we?" Alejandro purred.

Miranda looked up at him and his charming smile, noticing that he was offering his hand to her. She grinned softly, taking his hand, which allowed him to pull her close to him.

"...Fine, but don't expect much."

He chuckled, kissing her hand. "Whatever happens, it's been a pleasure and honor to have met you. I refuse to imagine a world without you in it."

Miranda blushed, humming sweetly. "Aw...stop, that was really sweet."

"Well, you bring it out of me, gorgeous." Alejandro smiled, shrugging slightly.

Soon enough, the crew called to begin rolling again. The final three got into a line and Chris fixed his hair for the final time. With a call to action, the cameras rolled.

"Welcome to the live finale of 'Total Drama World Tour'. Moments ago, these guys tied for second in a boat sandwich. Tasty! During the break, we sent them to vent in the confessional. Check it."

Everyone was able to shoot a confessional in a makeshift grass hut. Alejandro's confessional played first.

"I only let Miranda beat me to give her a full sense of confidence. Knowing how hard it is for her to gain confidence, it was the least I could do after today. But how do I explain to those at home that I tied with that pathetic Cody?"