Chapter 14: "Falling So Hard"

Team Chris's place in Economy Class had an overwhelming feeling of injustice. They did exactly what was asked of, yet they still lost the challenge. It was a massive slap in the face to the otherwise powerful team.

Their only consolation was their new team member, Duncan. Whether the delinquent liked it or not, he slept on the bench across from Alejandro and Tyler. The latter person looked awfully pale, trembling as if he'd just seen a ghost.

Miranda sat on Duncan's side in the corner of the room, also looking a bit uneasy. After sleeping on everything that happened back in London she just felt... wrong. Ever since she kissed the Spaniard across from her, it was as if she had sealed her fate. She was always going to have a bias in favor of him. She could deny it all she wanted, but ultimately, she was the one to initiate all this. This was completely her fault.

She took some time to vent in the confessional about it.

"...I already regret it. I was blinded by that stupidly handsome smile. If I could go back, I'd take that kiss back. I'd take it everything back...! I knew I was awful at this game, but I surprise myself more every day."

Meanwhile, Alejandro was incredibly content with his current status. He had been completely dominating this game, the majority of contestants didn't suspect him in the slightest, and he got the prettiest girl on the plane to kiss him on her own terms. He couldn't be sitting in a better place, strategically.

Although, he couldn't help but notice Tyler's anxiousness.

"Something wrong, Tyler? If you tell me, maybe I can help."

Tyler looked around worriedly. "I saw something..."

Suddenly, a yawn was heard from across the room, sealing Tyler's mouth shut.

"Oh, man that was a deep sleep. A sleep of the dead." Duncan chuckled, glaring at Tyler.

"You get it, Tyler? Dead!"

Tyler looked completely terrified by the delinquent's threat, much to Alejandro's interest. The Spaniard smirked curiously, heading off to the confessional, the one Miranda had just finished using.

"Hola, dollface. My, don't you look beautiful this morning~"

She simply rolled her eyes. "...Right."

She walked back to Economy Class, desperately trying to ignore him. He didn't mind it, though. He knew exactly where her trust was, he didn't need her to confirm it. So, Alejandro sat in the confessional to process his thoughts about what he'd witnessed.

"Duncan and Tyler...I must figure out what's going on there and use it."

He paused for a moment, snickering at his sudden haziness.

"Although, it is hard to focus when those sapphires keep clouding my judgment. Ah, such a mysterious beauty she is."

Chris soon came over the intercom. "Attention passengers! Please report to the Common Area! Pronto!"

Everyone did just that, gathering around the table in the center of the room to hear Chris's spiel once more.

"Prepare yourselves for challenges of an amateur caliber. Because we're recreating the original Olympics! And we're heading to the birthplace of the Olympics right now in..."

"Greece!"

"Atlantis?"

"Mount Olympics?"

"Wrong, fictional, and...what? We're going to Rome! Italy!"

Owen gasped. "Pizza party!"

"But Courtney was correct, the Olympics originated in Greece," Alejandro corrected politely.