Chapter 11: "Spell You're Under"

First Class had never felt so good for these two teams. What, with the Amazons hoarding it, they'd forgotten their previous experiences with it.

Everyone had cucumbers over their eyes with the intent to relax.

"Winning really is everything!" Tyler grinned.

"Says the guy who Frenched a cod." Noah retorted.

"And P.S., it was a tie." DJ smiled.

Alejandro was doing his best to tune a lot of it out, focusing on the dollface next to him. She had an earbud in, already tuned out, while her feet were getting massaged. Carefully, he reached for her hand, smirking as she slowly accepted his gesture. Their hands hung down in between the seats, barely visible.

Owen ate one of his cucumbers, annoying Noah.

"It's a facial, not a fruit plate."

"Noah, don't you see? It's both!"

Miranda only had one earbud in, so she did hear him. She shrugged, taking the cucumbers off her eyes and eating them. Owen grinned.

"See? Miranda gets it!"

She chuckled softly, to which Alejandro took a peek at her. He knew she was stunning, but she seemed to be clueless of that fact. There was something about those expressive, yet lifeless blue eyes that captivated him. He loved seeing her emotions run wild every time he messed with her. She was quickly becoming his favorite victim. His thought was quickly interrupted by Izzy's bombastic behavior.

"Owen! These chairs are spring-loaded! Watch this!"

Izzy reclined her chair, which made her Owen.

"Why is it always the kiwis?"

Alejandro rolled his eyes. He was thankful he wasn't sitting in that area. He took the cucumbers off his eyes, leaning towards Miranda's ear.

"Not denying my hand?"

She sighed. "I'm too lazy to deal with your shit today."

"Oh, so if I were to get you alone to admire that pretty face of yours, you'd be too lazy to stop me?" he purred huskily.

She bit the inside of her lip, her cheeks turning pink. She glanced over at him for a second before taking a chance with her response.

"I suppose so."

He was pleasantly surprised by this answer. He was fully expecting a witty remark with an annoyed tone attached to it, or just a nonverbal response.

"Well, then, I will keep that in mind, dollface."

Izzy had been hanging upside down and chewing on an air tube while Noah and Owen talked.

"I've made up my mind. I'm gonna break up with Izzy once and for all." Owen sighed.

"Finally." Noah rolled his eyes.

"I still like her, but she's so..."

"Nutty? As a ten-ton bag of pecans, smothered in peanut butter, encased in a cashew the size of China?"

"Tastes like shoe polish!" Izzy giggled.

"Aw. She's happy..." Owen took one of Noah's cucumbers.

Chris came into the room, making Alejandro eager to chat.

"Excuse me for a moment, chica."

He let go of her hand and went over to Chris.

"DJ is the only remaining member of Team Victory, but we're prepared to welcome him as a full-time member of our team. If you'll allow it."