Chapter 5: "Into A City"

Miranda was reluctant in admitting it, but she certainly didn't hate mornings. She kind of enjoyed getting up to watch a pretty sunrise.

She went behind the drink bar in First Class to grab a water bottle and set herself up to do her makeup. It was about six AM in the timezone they were in, so everyone on her team was still asleep. She didn't take long anyway, filling in her eyebrows, drawing on thick winged eyeliner, and putting on mascara. It almost came naturally to her.

She put away all her makeup and walked over to a baby grand piano in the corner of the room, quietly plunking a slow melody. It wasn't Mozart's level of brilliant, but it was quite a peaceful tune, one she held close to her heart. She quietly hummed along to it, making sure it was totally drowned out to everyone but herself.

Little did she know she had woken up a Spaniard with her plunking, who was now watching her fingers travel across the piano from behind. He grinned sleepily, a bit impressed at how smooth she was playing.

Once she'd finished, he quietly applauded her, making her jump a bit as she turned around.

"Did I wake you? I-I'm so sorry."

"That's quite alright. It was very pleasant to wake up to."

He walked over to her, sitting beside her on the bench.

"I haven't played in a long time." He smiled, playing a simple scale.

She nodded. "Me neither."

He played a bit of a classical song, making Miranda's usually dull eyes twinkle. It was the first time he'd done something to truly captivate her attention.

"That's...really good." she looked up at him with a tired grin.

"Thank you. It's nice to find someone with such high respect for music." he purred.

"Y-Yeah, definitely."

She knew what he was doing, but she decided to go along with it, for the time being.

Alejandro decided to continue playing since he was enjoying himself. Miranda hated that she was enjoying it too, but music had always been her soft spot. Nothing in the world would ever change that.

She hadn't realized that her head had found its way to his shoulder until he had stopped playing and cooed in her ear.

"Comfy, dollface?"

She quickly lifted her head up and blushed. He chuckled, and decided to leave her be after that. He grabbed some treats from behind the bar on his way out.

Miranda took an early confessional soon after.

"He is way too smart, it's terrifying. He knows exactly how to bait me like it's easy to him. But I'm not letting him get the better of me."

Alejandro walked into Loser Class, seeing people with low morales. He started with Team Victory.

"Ladies, I took the liberty of smuggling some things out of First Class."

"I'd better not. I might break out-"

Lindsay gasped, seeing the candy bar in his hand.

"Is that a Snuffer's bar?!"

She squealed, happily taking the food from his hand as he handed some other goodies to LeShawna and DJ. He then turned to the Amazons.

"Sierra, my former teammate. I smuggled this one just for you." he smiled, but it left as quickly as it came when Heather interjected.

"Well, she doesn't want it! We never trust the enemy. Especially the excessively, disgustingly flirty ones."

"No, thanks...enemy." Sierra laughed.