dreams ˚₊·͟͟͟͟͟͟͞͞͞͞͞͞➳❥ dolores x male!reader

dolores x male!reader
angst to fluff
requested by: devilhere_14

plot:  you and dolores were ex lovers on your teenage days, but the day came where you had to leave Encanto and pursue your dreams somewhere, you came back a few years later only to find the both of you still longing for each other.

|||

Dolores sat up from her bed, pondering for awhile. 

It was always like this. Every single time she'd wake up she'd ponder, getting herself ready for that usual emptiness in her chest.

But at the end of the morning, she's always occupying herself with chores, eventually forgetting that black hole she's feeling. 

The curly haired madrigal fixed her bed before doing her morning routine. She was ready for yet another loud day.

She took a deep breath, standing in front of her closed door as she grabbed onto the doorknob, twisting it open.

The overwhelming noise filled up her ears again, good thing she's been practicing for years, she could block out some sounds. 

However, the house seemed to be filled with whispers this morning. 

She inclined her ear to listen as she figured out that everyone was in the main room, sitting on the couches.

"How about this guy Roberto?" Camilo's voice was the first thing she heard as she started walking down the hallway.

"One of Isabela's suitors back then? Definitely not." Was that Abuela? What are they doing?

"How about this butcher, Sandrino?" Isabela suggested, are they playing a word game?

"He's almost my age, no." 

"Well, what type of guy do you think is good for dolores, abuela?" 

Dolores stopped on her tracks as she furrowed her brows, they were talking about her.. and a guy for her. 

She slowed down the pace of her walk as she arrived at the big window upstairs, eavesdropping the conversation.

"Someone who's open minded, generous, professional, formal and--"

"That sounds everything Y/n has."

The curly haired madrigal had her eyes widened as she unconsciously teared up, it's been so long since the family mentioned his name. 

Every memory, every moment, every inch of you flashed back through her mind. 

Why would they talk about you all of a sudden?

. . .

"No, let's not talk about him! He's living his own life right now! Never mention his name again.." Abuela heaved a small sigh as Dolores could hear her smacking people's head with a fan.