The Festival (54)

ETHAN POV
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The next day Irene and I were excited but exhausted. We stayed up far too late and now we had to wake up at four for more teasing.

I was glad we had Redsion class before training—it gave us some extra time to nap.

By the time it was ready to train, Irene and I used our newfound skills to use.

The spikes were more pathetic than last nights but they still startled Chobin enough. The spikes along with the brute force of my fists, Chobin was finally the one dodging. He'd swing and his fist met a wall of ice. Thank Luna.

Chobin grew angrier as the time passed, he looked as if he were to kill me at any moment. His fists became faster and soon they started to break through my ice spikes and walls. His fist was bloody and bruised but it did not stop his punches. His feet swung for my legs, but he did not knock me down, he only made me stumble. Within that kick stumble he punched me, and I fell to the floor.

In an attempt to protect myself I raised my hand in the air and a wall appeared. It didn't appear fast enough so by the time it was up, his fist already swung, punching through it.

I kicked at his legs, and he fell forwards. As he was falling, I kicked him again in his side, knocking him away from me. I stood as quickly as I could and rose my hands to fight once more.

He coughed for air as he held onto his side.

That distracted Chowlynn. She looked shocked as her eyes then flickered over to me. That was her mistake. Irene dove in with a blade, and it cut Chowlynn across the cheek and she quickly jumped back.

After she had her distance from Irene, her hand felt her cheek. Blood leaked from the small cut. Her eyes widened to pure horror. Chowlynn tightened her grip of her blade before she ran back in at Irene. Irene was fast but Chowlynn was faster. She threw her throwing blades at Irene. Irene's shield distracted by the blade flying at her, she completely forgot about Chowlynn who was now coming from the other side of her.

Chowlynn swung her blade and Irene shrieked before she stumbled backwards. Chowlynn, once her blade missed, turned on the ball of her foot and struck her foot into Irene's stomach causing Irene to fall backwards and land right in the lake.

Chobin was back on his feet and even angrier. One thing I learned was when he was angry, he became sloppy. His fists were heavier but not as efficient as they once were. They were slower and easier to dodge. I punched and kicked, he landed on his back, side, ass, anywhere.

Then he stumbled. That was the first time I had ever made him stumble. Upon his stumbling, I punched, and he fell backwards into the lake.

Chowlynn did not praise me like she normally did, she just stared with wide eyes. Irene ran up to me and gave me a cold, wet hug and I hugged her back.

Chobin pulled himself onto the dock. He looked so angry.

Nearly a year of training had finally paid off.

"That is enough for today," Chowlynn dismissed as she grabbed her brother and led him up the dock.

"I was so close!" Irene complained as we walked up the dock, "That girl is a menace!"

"You're getting better," I reassured Irene and she nodded.

We returned to Xiuying's house, and we told her all about the events. She praised us and gave us extra sweets as a reward.

Later that night there was a knock on Xiuying's door. We opened the door and found a man wearing a red toothed mask. He demanded we followed him and so we did, Xiuying was told to stay behind.