Escaped (12)

Trigger Warning: Implied Sexual Assault
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
ETHANS POV
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Although it looked like Grayson, it couldn't have actually been him.

First thing, Grayson died when he was seven. There was no possible way he was now seventeen. Second thing, he wasn't acting like himself. Tisha made sure to demonstrate how little left of himself there was.

"Stop!" I begged as I watched Grayson attempt to rip his own head off just from Tishas command alone. Irene held her eyes shut tightly.

"Enough," Tisha said and Grayson stopped. I blinked away my fear as relief fell over my body. That was the third time this week Tisha came in to test out exactly how obedient Grayson was.

Third thing that separated Experiment G from my Grayson was that Grayson wasn't a vampire. This was, or at least some weird hybrid. His eyes were a bright red, which was an abnormally bright red for a vampire but the fangs where his canines once were confirmed it all.

Tisha leaned back against the wall. She looked like a model doing so, even though she was just leaning there, looking at her freshly painted nails—lost in thought.

She wore a blue, tight dress. It was long and went all the way down to her ankles. There was a slit on one leg to reveal her long leg. Her hair was braided back into a bun I'd only imagine royalty wearing. She also had a white fluffy scarf thing that hung from her shoulders and draped over her arms.

She looked all dressed up all the time. Her makeup, nails, and hair were always done even for something as simply as visiting us in the middle of the woods.

"My nails don't match my dress, do they?" She frowned as she held up her hands, showing off the red paint that coated them. None of us answers. She sighed, "Of course they don't. What was I thinking? Red nails, ha! I should've done blue. You know, blue is very in this season," she informed as she stood.

I could only glare up at her. She always liked to act as if we were friends—talking about fashion and the things that inconvenienced her.

She hummed in thought for a moment before she spoke, "Do you have a mate?" I stared at her. I didn't like the way she asked. Her face was blank but I could see the gears in her mind turning, forming a plan. She shook her head and raised her hands, "No, wait, don't tell me. I bet I can guess which one of them was yours."

She dazed off, recalling the events that happened over eight weeks ago. Oh god, it had been eight weeks since I was last in the purple pack.

I counted of how often they took Irene for blood. She said they came once a week, which was my only real system of tracking time.

Tisha moved her hand, pointing her index finger as if she were pointing at multiple people in the room. She shook her head as if she had gotten the wrong answer. Soon she was satisfied and a smile grew on her face, "Was it that one boy? The really tall one with black skin?" She asked and my stomach dropped. She smiled and clapped excitedly, knowing she had gotten it right.

I wanted to ask how she knew. What could've possibly led her to that conclusion. Not even everyone in the pack knew Alec was my mate and yet she somehow did.

She waved her hand as if she could read my mind, "I'm good at these kinds of things. I'm a sucker for love, though, I don't think that's what you two have," she hummed, taunting me. "Let me guess, you've recently become mates. Yes? You've kissed? How many times? Oh? Once. He hasn't marked you, has he? The bond is still flexible, breakable, manipulated easily, hm?" She asked and my heart sunk.