Do Not Yell At Me (53)

LONNI POV
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Everyone was asleep, everyone besides Leo and I.

He was up late in our office. He was going over maps and letters. He's been over working himself a lot, but I've learned to preferred it that way. When he was working he was less focused on everyone else.

As I stood outside the door I felt my heart race and my hands sweat. I couldn't slow my breathing, I was too nervous.

I knocked on the door. Why did I knock? It was my office too? Normally I could walk right him but my legs weren't allowing me to move.

It was quiet until I heard a loud groan. There were loud foot steps as he walked to the door. I nearly bolted down the hallway and into our room.

Why was I so scared?

He open the door, his face angry. As he realized it was me, his face softened up. "Why did you knock? This is your office too," Leo said as he turned and sat down back the desk.

I couldn't answer that question even if I wanted to.

He looked too much like his mother, I could barely face him. It didn't help he had the temper of his father.

As I stood in the door way, I remembered being little, anxiously standing by the door way as I watched Leo's parents inside of their office. I was not allowed in, however.

"Leo," I sighed as I entered. He looked up at me. His eyes were rather pretty when he wasn't angry.

"What is it?" He asked as his eyebrows frowned.

I tried to speak but it was painful. Why was this so hard?

I took a seat across from him. I held his hands in mine, I hope he couldn't feel them trembling.

"You can't keep hurting Noah and Alec," I said, my voice calm and low. Leo gritted his teeth as his eyes turned cold. He looked far too much like his father when he was angry.

"I don't mean to!" He said, his voice stressed, "But they don't listen to me!"

"Leo," I said his name and his eyes met mine again.

I could remember a distance memory of watching Leo's mother calm his father down. Despite being scared, I tried to imitate it.

"You don't hit your friends when you are angry. You are scaring everyone, not just Noah and Alec," I tried to keep a calm voice. I didn't help that my hands trembled and my voice quivered slightly.

He frowned, "Are...." He started and I would see it clog in his throat. "Are you scared of me?" He finally asked.

I couldn't answer him, but I think my silence was the answer.

"Leo you can't keep screaming at everyone. You can be angry, but you cannot be abusive." I don't know how I managed to maintain eye contact with his.

"You sound like my mother," He scoffed. He was growing annoyed with me.

"And you are behaving like your father!" I raised my voice. He looked shocked, hurt even.

The monster his father was—I hate to compare them but it had gone too far.

Leo didn't speak, he looked as if he needed time to process my words. I watched as he became tense and his jaw tightened. His hands formed to fists and soon he let go of my hands, letting me know I've lost him.

In an attempt to bring it back, I continued speaking before he could find whatever response he was looking for.

"It is so hard for me to sit here right now. You are scaring the entire pack, and I did not agree to become mates with someone who will terrorize this pack the same way your parents did," I said. The words flowed out in angry and stiff sentences, I didn't have enough time to process my words.