Chains made of Ice (68)

Alec POV
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Well, I hadn't passed out, that was for sure.

I wasn't at the alpha house anymore. I was in the woods. My heart was still panicking from what had happened only seconds before. It had felt like my life was being sucked out of my body, so much so that I couldn't even move. I had attempted to burn the witch—Haha—but it didn't work. I couldn't move a muscle.

I stood and looked around. I was alone in a snowy forest. I went to walk forwards and that's went my foot hit something. I looked down to find an unconscious Ethan by my feet. A gasp left my lips as I immediately got back down and to his side. I was glad to know I wasn't alone.

My question was, how did we get out here? And where was everyone else? Also, where were we? Was the snow related to Ethan?

I checked to make sure Ethan was ok. I wasn't sure what Luna was doing to him but whatever it was, she needed to stop. He had been unconscious for four days and under these conditions, I wasn't sure how much longer he could take.

I carefully picked him up. His body was always so cold, not that I minded. As soon as I picked him up, he moved causing me to freeze. But he didn't wake up. He did that often, moving just enough to give everyone a heart attack but not actually waking up.

I wanted him to wake up so badly I wasn't sure what to do with myself. It was embarrassing to admit but it was true. I needed to talk to him because as I had promised Irene, I needed to fix what I had done.

"RYAN?!" I heard a distant voice holler. It was Noah—a panicking Noah at that. I quickly followed the voice, as quickly as I could walking through snow and caring a boy.

"Noah!" I called out as his body appeared in the distance. His eyes met mine, but they frowned, disappointedly, "Where is everyone?"

"I don't know! I have no clue where Ryan is," Noah said as he desperately looked at our surroundings, "What if he's back at the house?!"

"I doubt he is," I tried to reassure but not even I knew.

"What did that witch do?! Why did she do this to us?" Noah questioned as he looked around. Not even I could explain.

"I don't think it was Daniela," I admitted, "It could've been Irene," I suggested, and Noah scoffed. His reaction wasn't wrong, it was unlikely Irene had done this. She could barely even teleport herself, let alone a whole room of people.

Noah took a deep breath in, "How's Ethan?" He asked, trying to calm himself. Noah pressed his hand to Ethan's forehead, and I nearly pulled him away.

"Fine," I said through my teeth, backing away from Noah to remove his hand from my mate's forehead. Noah shivered a bit, noticing how cold Ethan had been. "Do you have any clue where we are?"

"Yes, I do, actually," he said, confidently, "Do you not smell the air?"

I took a deep breath in, ignoring the sting in my lungs from the cold. It smelled of cocoa. The warm smell of chocolate despite being so cold.

My eyes gleamed, "The yellow pack?" I guessed and Noah nodded. Noah was always quicker to these kinds of things. "So, we must not be far from the village."

Noah's lips pressed together, displeased. I didn't need to ask why because he quickly explained, "I don't trust them. They sent down a werewolf like Riley who is the reason I don't know where my mate is as of right now." His concerns were valid, even I had some, "I find it awfully convenient we were betrayed and attacked by Riley, and now we're at her homeland."