Blue Powder (5)

LONNIS POV
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There was so much ruckus throughout the house and the village as a whole. Because of Ethan, I had forgotten all about the purple moon celebration.

Ethan slept peacefully on the couch as everyone in the house rushed to get things together. Breakfast was just toast while everyone quickly decorated.

Noah got a box full of decorations from inside of a closet, giving them to me and whoever else was decorating.

I stood outside with what felt like thousands of streamers. "Leo, please help," I pleaded. I was thankful Leo was so tall in these moments. His giant hands grabbed my waist and lifted me as if I weighed as light as a feather. He sat me on his shoulder which allowed me to perfectly hand up the streamers outside of the house.

The whole village was purple. Purple decorations hung around the houses with pride. I was excited this year specifically because Ethan was joining us. I wanted to show him all of our culture so he could join us peacefully. But I had my doubts.

"Please be nice to Ethan tonight," I asked as I put a streamer up, "I know you don't like him but humor me, until I know for sure," I requested. He let out a sigh.

"If it makes you happy, I'll try," he decided and I smiled, petting his hair as praise.

Speaking of Ethan, he came wandering out of the house. He looked around, amazed at all he was seeing. He looked so much like her; it was unsettling sometimes.

His eyes met mine and he smiled, "What is going on?" He asked. I tapped Leo's shoulder and he put me down.

"The pack was founded in June. It's become tradition to throw a giant celebration on the first full moon of June. We call it the purple Moon celebration to celebrate our pride, peace, and mates," I explained quickly.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" He asked like the sweet boy he was.

I thought about it, "There's going to be a giant pack hunt. Could you go get Alec and tell him to be ready before Leo and the rest leave?" I asked and he nodded before disappearing back into the house.

Leo let out a huff, "Why must you go against my word," he complained.

"They will be fine talking," I reassured. He didn't seem convinced. I patted his shoulder. I finished the decorations before I entered the house. All four of the boys were sitting on the floor.

They were making little purple flowers that were commonly found in the area. Alec still looked tired, which I didn't blame him.

Yesterday must've been tough for him and I felt extremely guilty. I had been thinking too much about their feelings. I didn't realize how Leo would feel if he thought Alec purposely went against his orders.

Luckily there had not been any screaming. It had been a long conversation of simply trying to set a better boundary—though I thought it was all stupid.

I didn't know why Alec had to feel ashamed for having a male mate. It's not like they were the first, and I doubt they'd be the last. But it was true, it was very uncommon in the mating system, and it could only make me wonder what it meant.

Ethan was the one I was most worried about tonight. If my suspicions had been correct, I needed to be careful this full moon. I was going to take care of him like I should've taken care of her. He wasn't a replacement, no one could replace her, but he felt like my brother, even if there really was no correlation between the two.

"I have to go see Margret," I announced. The boys waved me goodbye, "Have fun on the hunting trip!" I added in before the door shut.

I walked down the dirt path taking me to Margret's house. As I walked, I saw everyone preparing for the celebration. They didn't hesitate to say hello to me or greet me. There was so much purple everywhere, it's practically all I could see.