Luna (10)

ETHANS POV
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
One full week. It had been one week of being beaten and bruised. One week of hollering, screaming, sobbing, begging, praying.

I could count the bruises on my legs and arms, not with ease. I was growing skinnier than I originally had been.

I was a dog, and I was expected to eat like one. They'd throw burnt rats and rabbits on the floor. I was expected to eat with now assistance from my hands, picking it up with my teeth from off the dusty floors.

Sometimes Vicker would be SO kind as to shove the food in my face when I wasn't feeling hungry. The texture of the rat fat in my mouth made me throw up, every time, when Vicker "helped" me eat.

Irene amazed me. I had no clue how she could stomach it. The taunting, the beating, the food.

One week and I already felt close to breaking.

"It's been a week already?" Irene hummed, surprised by the idea. I gave her a nod and she did some thinking. Before she could tell me her thoughts, the cave door opened.

Vicker held a boy by his skinny arm. His tan skin bruised, and the top half of his face covered with his blue tinted black hair. Vicker wasted no time showing the boy to the floor. He hit the ground with a deep grunt of pain.

Vicker entered and following was Tisha. She watched as Vicker put the boy in thick chains. Unlike Irene's and my chains, his hands weren't bolted shut in a hot metal box. The chains just hung by his wrists and feet.

"I can't believe she's done it," Tisha scoffed. There it was again, the vague usage of pronouns. They fear so much as to speak the woman's name and that's made me fearful as well.

I looked at the boy. He must've been "experiment G" Tisha had mentioned. I examined him and I couldn't see what tests they ran on him unless they were studying torture. Knowing them, that was probably the case.

The boy slumped down back to the floor after Vicker restrained him in chains. His eyes then turned to Irene, and she tightened.

He approached her and started to undo her chains. My eyebrows knitted as I kicked stood to move forwards.

"Sit," Tisha demanded. I paused, glancing between Irene and her. I decided to be obedient and did exactly as she ask.

Vicker held tightly onto Irene's wrist, her wrists looked as if someone had painted them purple. The chains were so tight around the wrists it felt as if my hands would fall off.

He dragged her out as she quietly followed, her face left with a saddened expression painted onto it. Tisha glanced at the boy, then me, before she walked off as well, the rock closing behind her. To know freedom was so close made me nauseous.

I turned my attention back to the beaten boy. He wasn't wearing a shirt. He didn't look as bad as Irene. He had some meat on his bones, some muscle too. He must've been new.

"Are you ok?" I asked. He stayed still and quiet. He was bent over and was hugging his knees so I could only see his back and the top of his head.

"Yes," he mumbled. He sounded tired if anything and I didn't blame him.

"Do you have a name?" I asked.

"Yes," he answered. I waited for him to tell me it, but he didn't, and I decided not to ask further because clearly, it wasn't going to get me far.

I watched the door anxiously, waiting for Irene to come back. I wanted to know what they were doing to her. She hadn't looked fearful when he dragged her out, almost as if it were a routine.