Chapter 38: Let's get married

After the meal, Xu Yanbai sent Lin Qingmiao home. The car stopped at the door. Before Lin Qingmiao got off the car, Xu Yanbai said, "Since I'm here, I should go out and say hello to Aunt Yun."

     Lin Qingmiao didn't think there was anything wrong. During her absence, Xu Yanbai always came to take care of her mother. The relationship between the two was also good, so he could come and visit.

     Yang Yun was very happy to see the two come back together. She bought a watermelon and hurriedly took it out for Xu Yanbai to eat. Xu Yanbai ate a piece, raised his wrist and glanced at the time, and said, "It's not early, so I'll go back first."

     As soon as he finished speaking, he heard Yang Yun say, "Aren't you going back with Yan Bai? You are both getting married, and you can't live here forever."

     This was said to Lin Qingmiao.

     Before Lin Qingmiao could answer Yang Yun, she said, "Yan Bai, since you are here, take Miaomiao back."

     Lin Qingmiao was speechless, how could she feel that she was hated by her mother when she stayed at home.  Xu Yanbai was not good at expressing his position, he glanced at Lin Qingmiao.

     However, Yang Yun didn't give Lin Qingmiao any chance to refute, she stuffed some of her frequently used things into a bag and handed it to Lin Qingmiao, and said to her, "Everyone knows that my daughter has found a capable son-in-law,  You live at home every day like this, those gossip people say that you are splitting up and watching jokes behind my back, it's really outrageous that you live here every day."

     Lin Qingmiao was stunned, she couldn't believe it, her mother wanted to drive her away?  Does she trust Xu Yanbai so much?

     So when Lin Qingmiao got back into Xu Yanbai's car, her mood was complicated, and she was somewhat embarrassed.  However, Xu Yanbai was quite calm, as if it was okay to take her back, but when he lowered his head and raised his head, there was a smile that could not be hidden between his eyebrows.

     "Go back directly?" Xu Yanbai asked.

     Lin Qingmiao nodded.

     She agreed, which meant that she was willing to go back with him.  Xu Yanbai glanced at her hand on his lap, and he tried to hold her hand in his hand in a natural and intimate gesture.

     Lin Qingmiao was stunned for a moment, his palm was warm, with thin calluses, wide and rough, completely different from her softness.

     Lin Qingmiao's face turned red inexplicably, she didn't pull away, she turned her head and looked out the window, she saw her face on the window, with a blush, looking like a girl who had just fallen in love.

     Even she felt inexplicable. She had done everything with him, but she didn't know why she would blush when she held his hand.

     The two kept holding hands until they got out of the car. They walked into the house one after the another. Xu Yanbai was carrying Lin Qingmiao's duffel bag. There were not many things, but some daily necessities and a few books.

     "The study you used before is being renovated. You can temporarily put the book in my study."

     The study that Lin Qingmiao used before was remodeled from a guest room, and it was not a real study. Later, the two were about to get married, and Xu Yanbai planned to re-install a study for her.

     Lin Qingmiao didn't feel anything at all. She followed Xu Yanbai into the study, Xu Yanbai took out the books in her duffel bag, and said to her, "I will help you put the books you brought back from home on the shelf for you." He pointed to a spot.