🥀༺ ˎˊ- 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰 𝐉𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐫 || 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥

I had a request on making a Shadow Joker fic, but they didn't specify to make it fluff or angst.... I'll take my chances..

The reader is as always, gender neutral !

3rd person's point of view

"Come on Shadow, please? Just this once" you plead for the cyan haired man to at least look at your direction. "Y/n, you know tonight I'm competing against Joker for treasure. I can't miss this heist" Shadow's stubbornness, something you wish he didn't have. But if he didn't have that, he wouldn't be the Shadow you knew.

"Can't Joker wait.. We haven't hung out as friends for weeks now, especially now that Rose is back" you sighed out. "I know, I'll make it up to you tomorrow" he put his purple hat on, you rolled your eyes. "That's what you said last week" he didn't respond, only shook his head and went off.

It was difficult for you, you wanted to confess to him. You'd plan many 'dates' but it almost seemed like he didn't want to attend any of them, it was only heists, heists, heists. You nearly gave up at confessing.

"Right, if he isn't going to with me.. I'll go by myself" you huffed. Grabbing your coat and heading off. You didn't need a man to protect you, it was only a festival.

───────────────🥀

"Sorry Shadow, the heist is off, I'm going to the festival tonight. I'm going with Spade and Queen to the festival, want to come?"

Shadow stayed silent hearing Joker's voice. Did his friends really matter more than this treasure? His thoughts lead back to the friend he abandoned in his place. Who asked him many times to go to the festival with them, the friend who hopelessly asked him.

And he just left them like that? Foolish act.

Just then, a bright screen lit up throughout the city. Flash news? I suppose so.

"Terrible news! The location of the famous festival celebrated tonight has been destroyed by a villain known as Dr. Neo! We are unsure what was his motivation to this, but there were 17 injuries people and 34 who passed away, we hope the people who passed away rests in peace.. May god guide them"

The screen turned pitch black the second the announcement was finished. Joker, Queen, and Spade looked wide eyed, terrified. If they went there who knew what would've happened to them.

"Shadow" Queen called out. Shadow didn't take his eyes off the black screen, rather let out a small hum. "What about Y/n..? They went to the festival.. Tonight" Shadow's head snapped in Queen's direction, trying to find any signs that she was joking.

Tears gathered in her eyes, threatening to fall in any given time. Before anyone could take another breath. That Shadow Joker was gone.

───────────────🥀

"Y/n! You dumb idiot, I told you to stay home. Why didn't you listen? Don't leave me like this.."