🥀༺ ˎˊ- 𝐉𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐫 || 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬, 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

Woof, this is angst because I wrote too many fluff and now I feel sick, huek.

Third person pov

"Uh.. We've been friends for a while.. Right Jack?" The nervous civilian muttered out, Joker took no hint of the nervousness in their voice. Simply humming as a response.

"Yea, and sometimes friends.. Don't- always stay as friends.." they slowly continued, expecting a reaction from the phantom thief.

Joker was now staring at them, his eyes held hesitation and denial.

"And well.. I wanted to say, I like- no. I love you, Jack.. And I was wondering if you wanted to be my.. Boyfriend..?" they finally blurted it out, hands awkwardly fiddling with each other, eyes darting into every direction.

He sighed and took his hat off, "No"

That's it.

Only one word.

It hard such a big impact though.

"I'm sorry?" They muttered, "I said no, Y/n. I have no interest in increasing my relationship level with you. I see us as barely friends, I don't have time for these relationships anyways" those words, it sounded like they were scripted. Like he was prepared for the question.

"I see" they answered in pure defeat, they wouldn't say they were humiliated. Perhaps they were disappointed? They couldn't tell.

The phantom thief put his hat back on, brushing off his clothes. Looking back at them one last time, before sighing again and leaving them underneath the sunset.

Y/n bit their lip, a bad habit they had.

[A bad habit I also have, I put this in because by now my lips are bleeding😭]

They held back tears, they didn't know why this hurt so much. It was only a rejection, hadn't they watch plenty of people get rejected to prepare themselves. Why was this one so different? So difficult to process.

It was overwhelming.

╔═════════════════╗
«How was it?»

That was rejection?

«Yes, what about it. . .»

I don't like it.

«Why not?»

I don't like how bitter it is.
╚═════════════════╝

They took a sharp breath, letting go of the stupid feelings. Those were irrelevant. They had better things to manage about.

They didn't know what to feel
Anger? Sadness? Confusion? Relief? Disappointment? Perhaps all that mixed in a pot.

Surely, getting over Jack will be easy. They don't see each other everyday, and it wasn't such a difficult task, at least they didn't think so..?

Hm.

They'll be the judge of that.

They would avoid Jack at all costs. They didn't care if it was a life requirement, they would never get close to the phantom thief every again.

They hated him, they despised them, every blood cell contained hatred for him.

This would be an easy task.

All they had to do was get over him.

Everything will be over soon.

. . .

Won't it.