🥀༺ ˎˊ- 𝐀𝐤𝐚𝐢 || 𝐃𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

HELP I FORGOT TO WRITE THE IDEA FOR THIS FANFIC AND NOW I DON'T REMEMBER...

Okay, lucky shot here we go
!! Doesn't involve actual drowning

It was all so confusing, so scary, so traumatising. It lasted a short period of time, but it had such a huge impact on them.

They were in their little comfort zone, their room. Hoping one day an answer would fall out of the sky. For them to digest.

His words hurt, and the actions... Hurt worse.

Perhaps they were jealous of the way he treats Rose like such a princess. How he would always find an excuse to hang out with her, to hug her by the waist, to slow dance with her.

A suffocatingly tight feeling wrapped around their chest, a mind full of rage and sadness.

They wanted to know how it started, perhaps he was getting bored of them? Rose seemed to cure this boredom they suspect him to experience.

╰───────────────🥀

Tonight, they were silent. Watching as their boyfriend slipped away from their grasp. From what was happy idle talk between the two of them, the almost kissing.. To him doing the waltz with Rose.

They honestly couldn't bring themselves to hate on Rose, she was such a pure soul. But their feelings were puzzled.

On their own birthday, they wouldn't expect their boyfriend to be dancing with another lady, but the two fit together as puzzle pieces did.

Slowly stirring the wine they were holding in their hands. They watched, the southern cross was visible. It reminds them of the every night where their boyfriend used to play with fire with them at night.

Some occasions they would do some experiments together, human knowledge was beyond their understandings after all.

They missed those moments dearly, now the only thing they done was sitting in their room, accompanied with a small book of memories they wrote themselves. Pictures of Akai and them were scattered all around the book.

A pleasant smile crossed their face remembering that book. Maybe they could grab it now that everyone's eyes were focused on Rose and him.

╰───────────────🥀

Worry filled the fire birds eyes watching as his lover went of to the shadows of the room. Though his train of thoughts didn't last long, he was still dancing with Rose.

His eyes scans the room from time to time, wondering where his partner was. A wave of relief washed his thoughts when he saw his lover entering the room with a book on their hands. The book was nowhere near brand new condition. It was old, but looked very well maintained.

He watched as his lover would smile from time to time, flipping the pages. Though the more pages they flipped, the more visible their smile turned into a frown.

The music? It stopped? That would mean the dance was over. He let go of Rose, not forgetting to thank her for the dance.

He had hesitated, but decided to confront his partner about whatever was bothering him.

"Y/n my dear, is there a problem?" He asked them, no filters whatsoever. Straightforward as always.

"Nothing at all, how was the dance?" They smiled softly, not looking at the fire bird. Instead writing something on the book they were holding.

"It was wonderful, Rose is a very skill full dancer.. Quite a natural I'd say. I notice the way if she messes up a step she would purposely blink 3 times and...." He went to ramble on about Rose, his partner not giving a damn in the world about it.

"Mhm, hmn, ohh, I understand.." Strings of words came from the saddened mortal.

Eventually, the fire bird noticed that his partner wasn't listening to him at all. Scoffing, he pulled his partner closer by their waist. Grabbing the book from their hands. "I wasn't finishe-"

He gave them no time to finish as he flipped the book from the very first page, pictures of the both of them, little doodles and texts for context filled each page. A soft chuckle of amusement was unleashed by him.

He couldn't understand why his lover was frowning, not until he came across page 8-25, the pages were no longer filled with their blissful memories. Rather pictures of him and Rose in their happiest moments, content with each other's presence and always smiling.

His heart sank, to the very bottom pit in his stomach. He only had 8 memorable moments with his lover, and 17 with a lady he wasn't in a relationship with... Oh.

Time felt like mere seconds to him, he hasn't noticed how much of it he wasted on Rose. He didn't wish for this to happen, Rose was a friend. And he knows that, so did his lover. But the unconditional affection he was showering her with..

He wanted to apologise, they are his favourite mortal. He couldn't imagine how frustrating it was for them to sit alone in their room jealous and confused by what they were doing wrong for their partner to spend time with another lady.

Words didn't form in his mouth, he was left speechless by the thought.

He was about to finally speak, when a cold liquid came in contact with his skin. There was no rain, what was the liquid then? He noticed his lovers frame was shaking, gentle sobs left their mouth.

His eyes widened, confusion filling his heart. "I'm.. I'm sorry, I never wanted to hurt your feelings— I just.. I...." He was at lost at words, did he even have a proper explanation for his actions?

It didn't seem like he did, so he just kept silent. The book in his hand was forgotten, focusing on his lovers sobs and wails.

He was sorry, he promise. He just.. Couldn't find the words to apologise to them, if he did he would. He is so, so sorry for his actions. He was disappointed in himself, he has his priorities focused on Rose rather than his own partner.

He only learned how painful it was now that his partner was in front of him, grieving and letting out all the emotions they have kept for what felt like decades. Pain, agony..

"Y/n.. Y/n I—.." He felt ashamed, at himself.
That night was known as the night of grief, unbeknown of the clear purpose of it.