~masked~ SCP-035 x reader

(Request from my AO3 page)

You didn't know why, but that masked freaked you out.

Adjusting your orange jumpsuit, you stared at the mask on the display. The researchers behind the glass stared at you, studying your every move. It felt as if you were glued to the ground. The room was dead silent, aside from the occasional whisper that sounded within your mind. It was begging you to put it on. But no matter how much you wanted to move, it felt as if you were frozen, and time stood still. You were so fixated on the mask you didn't even realize you were holding your breath, until a noise finally snapped you out of it. The researchers looked... puzzled to say the least. But you couldn't tell why, you had never seen this mask before. You slowly turned your head back to the mask. Though it had changed. It now frowned at you, instead of it's usual wide smile. Was it upset? Could it even be upset? You didn't know.

"Retrieve the D-class from the containment chamber."
"But, sir-"
"Now."
The doors opened, revealing a few guards with their rifles aimed upon you, the doors closing behind them. You wanted to move towards them, but you couldn't move. The mask had you in it's grip, but it didn't look satisfied. You were only snapped out of your trance when the guards dragged you out by your arms. Though one of them froze, slowly turning towards the mask. The other guard pulled you closer.
"Egor!" He yelled. "Don't step any closer to SCP-035!"
His warning fell on deaf ears as 'Egor' moved closer and closer to the now grinning mask. The guard's grip on your arm remained firm. "Egor!" His voice sounded louder as his fellow guard outstretched his arms towards the anomaly. The speakers cracked to life as one of the researchers frantically, yet firmly spoke. "Egor Wilkins, step away from SCP-035, or there will be consequences." You didn't know what was going on, and you and the guard could only watch in horror as the man removed his helmet, and placed the mask on his face.

The lights flickered and the man fell to the ground with a distorted scream that devolved into maniacal laughter. The guard that used to be Egor got up, though it looked unnatural. Like a puppet being pulled up by it's strings. Whatever it was, it slowly turned to face you and the fear stricken guard.
"Well.." it began. "Aren't you a stubborn one?" It's empty eyes seemed to stare right into your soul. The guard suddenly sprang into action and began dragging you out the cell. The researchers behind the class stumbled over each other, trying to open the doors. The anomaly seemed to catch on, as it grabbed Egor's gun, and shot the scanner by the door. The researchers frantically tried to open the doors, to no avail. Most of them froze, watching, whilst some others ran out, either to escape or to seek help. The guard shoved you to the ground, drawing his own weapon. The masked figure tsk'ed. "A rather cruel way to treat her, isn't it?" You remained still on the ground, afraid of whatever would happen to you next. A pair of footsteps drew closer as a pair of hands hoisted you to your feet. You clung to them, assuming the guard showed some remorse and helped you out. But looking up revealed the empty sockets of the mask. "Quite clingy today, aren't we?" You could practically hear the smirk in it's distorted voice as it's arm snaked around your waist. No matter how hard you tried, you couldn't pry yourself loose. The other guard opened fire on the anomaly, causing it to twitch and groan in annoyance. The ground shook slightly as tentacles grew out of the floor, wrapping around the man's ankle. It pulled him to the ground as it fired at the poor guard. You whimpered, trying to break free from the mask's iron grip, but it was of little use. The guard stopped moving as blood spurted out of his neck. You didn't even realize you were holding your breath until your captor released it's grip. You immediately stumbled backwards, tripping over the body of the fallen guard.</p>

"What's wrong? Afraid of the mask?" It taunted you. "If i wanted you to perish i would have ended you already." You stared up at it from off the floor. "Then.. then why haven't you?" It stumbled over to you, kneeling down. The white room flooded with red lights as the breach alarm went off. The remaining researchers paid you no mind as they got up and bolted. You were utterly alone, nobody was coming to save you now. The mask finally spoke up. "You interest me, i can help you escape." You shook your head. "How do i know if you're lying?" It laughed in it's distorted voice. "Nobody is coming to help you, it's either joining me or certain death." You fell silent, you couldn't argue on that. It reached out the hand of it's host towards you. Slowly, you grabbed onto it, letting the being pull you up. "But you destroyed the door." You muttered as you looked at it. SCP-035 let of your hand. "Never say never," it mocked as it began slamming the back of the gun against the glass. It took a few tries, but the glass began cracking before finally shattering. "They never replaced it, the fools." You ignored it's comment as you continued to observe. The anomaly climbed through the shattered window, the broken glass cutting into the host. You slowly walked over, looking at the blood stained shards in disdain. Before you could say anything, SCP-035 reached through the window, grabbing you. You let out a small shriek as it lifted you into the air, safely getting you to the other side. The alarm's continued to sound as 035 turned to face you.

"Finally, freedom at last."