[3] -Into The Depths part 1-

Lightbulb's breath was uneven, and her steps were uncertain. She frantically looked around the hallway, but she could barely see her hand in front of her. She managed to turn on her bulb and light up a small area around her, but the light could barely penetrate the seemingly endless void of darkness in front of her. "K-Knife?" Lightbulb called out into the void, but her voice only echoed down the hallway, no one replied. Lightbulb hesitantly made her way down the hallway, she kept her hand on the wall and followed it.

It seemed to go on forever, Lightbulb's feet grew tired and her head started to throb. The large amount of energy she exerted running away from that Mephone started to catch up to her. Her body felt too heavy, nothing felt right, the hallway was too quiet and the air felt too thick. The only sound Lightbulb could hear was her ragged breathing and her shaky footsteps.

A small flash of light flickered at the end of the hallway and Lightbulb paused. It flashed again, small flickers of light emitting from something at the end of the hall, it looked like...sparks? Lightbulb walked a bit faster until she reached an intersection. Beside her were two separate hallways, both leading to places too dark for Lightbulb to see. Infront of her was an open sliding metal door leading to what looked to be a storage closet.

Broken parts unused wires littered the shelves, covered in a layer of dust. A strange Meeple computer sat on the bottom shelf, along with various other small devices and electronics. A small patch of the wall and floor in the corner was cleaner than the rest, as if something was moved from there. But what attracted Lightbulb's attention the most was the cracked Mephone slumped against the wall.

The Mephone loosely resembled Mephone4, but it's model looked more outdated, like a 3gs. It's screen was completely black, save for the large crack that stretched across it. Lightbulb cautiously approached it, she crouched infront of the broken phone, and reached towards it. Suddenly, it turned on, the signature piano note of a Meeple device blared loudly inside the suffocatingly quiet closet, making Lightbulb flinch.

She quickly stood up as it's screen flickered to static. Garbled and unintelligible words that Lightbulb could barely understand came from the Mephone. She could only make out a staticky scream near the end before the screen flickered once again to a face with two pixelated eyes and a mouth. The Mephone was breathing hard, as if they just woke up from a horrible nightmare. Lightbulb stared in shock as the Mephone looked through her, as if it was seeing something that wasn't her.

"Please Cobs don't..." The Mephone said, barely above a whisper. "H-hey...are you alright?" Lightbulb tried to ask but they didn't seem to hear her. "Please Cobs don't..Please Cobs-" The Mephone trembled and spoke frantically, Lightbulb held her hands up and tried to calm the Mephone only for it to have no effect. The Mephone's panicking only increased, their voice increased to a yell and Lightbulb started to panic.

"Hey- quiet someone's gonna hear you!" Lightbulb tried to keep them quiet but the Mephone was unconsolable. Their face glitched and deformed into something nightmarish. Their ramblings devolved into screams and Lightbulb started on in fear and concern. Lightbulb quickly decided she needed to leave. Now. She backed away from the screaming Mephone, ready to make a run for it, but she bumped into something just outside the doorway.

Lightbulb quickly turned around and gasped, she staggered backwards almost falling in the process before the MephoneX roughly gripped her arm. She let out a sharp gasp and winced as the MephoneX grabbed her tightly with two clawed hands. Lightbulb barely had a second to register what was happening before the MephoneX slammed her to the ground of the storage closet. A loud crash and the shattering of glass could be heard as Lightbulb hit the floor.

Pain ripped through Lightbulb's head like a serrated knife. She wheezed and shakily pushed herself up on trembling arms as the wind was knocked out of her. Tears flowed freely from her right eye, and only then did she realize she didn't have a left one anymore. The glass where her left eye should be was completely gone, all that was left of it was the sunshine yellow shards strewn about where she fell.