[25] ~Violet Skies~

~~~~~~~~~~

When Cobs got the security notification he almost broke his favorite pen with how furious he was. "Suspicious activity caught on entrance camera" it read. Cobs immediately logged into his computer, flipping through camera channels frantically before stopping on the one he was looking for. He rewound the footage to see what happened, but in his gut, he knew.

He stopped and crossed his arms, leaning close to the computer to see as much as possible. Mephone slid to a stop, visible tears in his eyes as he dragged the unconscious Mepad through the front doors of MeCloud and to the boarding doc. Cobs' anger grew, he knew it. He hit the next button hard, the camera switching to the outside one pointed right at the boarding doc.

Mephone placed the Mepad on the ground and breathed heavily, the exhaustion getting to him. He breathed for a moment before his screen turned green, a familiar sign appearing on his screen. He struggled for a bit, the object he's trying to summon must be big....

Suddenly, a flying ship similar to the small model he had made a few months prior appeared out of thin air. It glitched for a moment before stabilizing, a vessel perfect for it's escape. Cobs didn't need to see the rest of the video to know what happened. He turned his computer off and hit his desk in frustration. Damn machine....

Cobs swiftly threw open his office doors and made his way to the elevator. He hit his fist on the ground floor button and waited for the agonizingly long ride to end. The elevator doors slid open and Cobs stomped out of the contraption. He made a B-Line for the front doors, there was still the possibility the Mephone4 hadn't left the dock yet. He needed to stop this.

He opened the front doors to an empty dock, and no Mephone in sight. He walked to the dock's edge, staring off into the sky that surrounded the structure. In the distance he could barely see a flying ship going straight towards the earth, clouds covering it's shape soon after. Cobs stood there silently for a moment, hands clenched almost painfully at his sides.

The Mephone was useless...but the thing still managed to take not only his latest project, but also the chip...the chip he worked so hard to obtain. Cobs grit his teeth in fury before taking a deep breath. He couldn't make a scene, not here. Cobs turned and walked back into the building, his face a mask of ambiguity.

Eventually, he made it back to his office, and locked the door. Most knew not to barge in, but it was best to be safe. Cobs sat in his chair and glared off into space. That Mephone needed to be destroyed. Permanently. At least he still had 4S, making a backup chip was a good call.

4S, unlike 4, could actually wield the energy. Unfortunately due to the Mephone4 being in his way, he hasn't been able to begin 4S's training. That would have to change. He needed 4S completely ready to annihilate that Mephone4. That chip was too valuable to loose. Cobs pulled out an all too familiar folder. The contents noticably packed in. He opened the folder, clicked his pen, and began writing.

_Project: Shimmer_

Entry. 57 ##/##/####

4S will begin it's training shortly. The energy will be molded into a very useful weapon soon enough.

~~~~~~~~~~
°

.
.
.
.

.

.

The rest of the day was.... strange. Not bad per say, but not exactly the best. The storm reminded Mephone of the.... unpleasantness...of yesterday. It was annoying, but being around Test Tube surprisingly helped a lot. He felt...safe.. around her. Mephone couldn't explain it. It wasn't like she could generate weapons and shields at will like he could. But being in her presence gave him an unfamiliar sense of belonging and safety.