[13] -Dead Lullabies-

Warning for nightmares, auditory hallucinations, and possible disturbing imagery. (My perception is kinda messed up so I'm not sure what constitutes as "disturbing imagery" but just in case.)
----------------------

    It was darker than ink. It felt like he was sinking, like he was underwater but still somehow able to breathe. He recognized this place, it was the same place his mind went when he got knocked out. It was almost the exact same as last time. Except everything felt so much... heavier. An invisible weight pressed on him from all sides. Despite the open empty void, he couldn't help but feel anxious and claustrophobic. It looked like when you closed your eyes. Darkened colors that were never quite black flew and melted together like they weren't there at all. Colors appeared out of nowhere like silent fireworks before falling like rain.

    It was pretty, in a way. But it did nothing to help him. A glint of light shined from the abyss. A small blip like a star in the night sky. Mephone hesitantly made his way towards it. As he walked, a faint static sound buzzed in his ears. The ground rippled like a lake with each step he took. The static only got louder, where was it even coming from? More noises were introduced to the chorus of sound the more he progressed. The buzz of electricity, the whispers of people Mephone couldn't make out, and the beep of a heart monitor, or was it a heart beat? He couldn't tell.

    The noise was deafening, like billions of bees swarming his brain. He covered his ears, but the sounds only continued to drill into his head. Finally, he made it to where he saw the light. On the ground in front of him was a pair of glasses. The glass was practically destroyed, the frame was bent and broken. Only when he picked them up did he notice the blood. Crimson specks of fresh blood littered the floor and glass. He knew who those glasses belonged to.

    He looked to the ground once again, if you could even call it that. His arms hung loose at his sides. A familiar sense of despair rooted itself deep inside him as he stared at a puddle of blood. Inside was a familiar chain necklace, a metal square caked in red hung at its end, the detestable bitten apple logo laser etched into its surface. He gazed into the cracked lens of the glasses. He stared at his reflection, his face a mixture of misery and guilt.

    A flash of yellow in his reflection caught his attention. A familiar figure stood right behind him, silently. It was horrifying. His glasses were missing and his face was mangled. His face was covered in scratches and blood, most likely from the various wounds on his arms and legs. This phantom was much more blurry and unrecognizable. Mephone couldn't tell where it's eyes began and it's mouth ended. It's face was melted and blurred like watercolor. The noises screamed in his ears so loudly he was certain he must have been screaming with them.

    Mephone whirled around instinctively, but nothing was there, just more black void. The noises abruptly stopped, the void becoming grimly silent. Mephone looked around the void frantically, but there was nothing. The blood had vanished, so had the glasses. Had he just imagined it? Mephone felt panic rise in him, there was no way he could have imagined that. His eyes were the size of dinner plates. His breathing became unstable and shallow. He backed away from the spot the apparition once stood. The silence felt so loud he almost didn't hear the static start up again.

    Mephone sat on the ground. It felt like millions of eyes were watching him. They knew what he did. They knew how terrible he felt, they had to. The ringing in his ears blended with the static in an unbearable cacophony that made his head hurt. Their whispers echoed against the non-existent walls of the void. Tears welled up in the corners of his eyes. He grit his teeth and buried his face in his knees. The sounds wouldn't stop no matter how many times he begged them to.

    The ground didn't feel solid anymore. It warped and shifted in such an unnatural way it almost felt alive. The floor bent at an odd angle before splintering and breaking apart. Underneath was the angry rapids of obsidian black water. The crack encircled him and he scrambled to stand. The ground continued to shatter around him. He soon found himself surrounded by a raging sea of darkness, the relentless waves hit his legs so hard he thought they might cut him.