[23] ~Jigsaw Puzzle~

~~~~~~~~~~~~

_Project: Shimmer_

Entry. 37      ##/##/####

    When I began the creation of the Mephone4, I hoped for perfection. But it seems I've run into some.....unfortunate setbacks. Mephone4 is not responding accordingly. The abilities I granted it when it was first built should be showing themselves by now, but for some odd reason it seems to be unresponsive.

    The Mephone4 is unaware of it's true purpose. I learned quickly that the advanced emotion modulator was a mistake. Yes it makes it seem more approachable to outsiders, but the modulator has made it soft, and unable to hurt anything it perceives as "harmless."

    Due to the lack of energy shown in the Mephone4's past and most recent tests, informing it about it's true objective is useless. Until it somehow shows promise in the future, it will remain ignorant of what it was originally created for. I have considered the possibility of removing or modifying the emotion modulator in order to fix the matter but it's too late for that.

    A sudden tone shift in the Mephone4 would rise unneeded attention. In conclusion, as it stands, things will go on as normal until the Mephone4 shows signs of development. At least I have the other chip, if something ends up going horribly wrong I can still use that.

    These next few months will be very crucial to the future of Meeple.

    - Steve Cobs

~~~~~~~~~~~~
°
°

.
.
.
.

.

.

    "Alright, let's try this again." Test Tube sighed as she rolled a cork board into Suitcase and Baseball's shared dorm. "Where the hell did she get-" Knife muttered to himself before Lightbulb held up her hand. "No no, leave the scientist to her science business." Lightbulb hopped onto the end of the bed, kicking her legs like a child. Knife sat beside her on the bed, looking at her weirdly. "That explains..... absolutely nothing." He concluded, a deadpan expression on his face. Lightbulb just giggled.

    Suitcase and Baseball sat on the other bed across the room as Test Tube pulled out a pen and note sheet. "Why aren't we doing this in the med office? It would be way more spacious than our room." Baseball questioned. "Mephone is resting in the infirmary, I don't want to trouble him with this..... especially so soon after getting back...." Test Tube cleared her throat. "Thanks to Mic's confession we know that what we all saw isn't the full story, so be wary of that as we put this together." The others nodded in agreement.

    "Good, I guess I should begin....." Test Tube hesitated for a moment, not sure how to start. She leaned against the cork board as she gathered her thoughts. "I saw.....Cobs." The other's perked up at the dead man's name, Suitcase cringed at the memory. "Him and Mephone were in...some sort of lab it seemed like." Test Tube continued, moving her hands as she spoke. "He introduced himself to Mephone and told Mephone what his name was. As if Mephone had no knowledge of those things prior."

    Test Tube scribbled her thoughts out on the note sheet, tapping her pen against it as the memories registered. "Do ya think that could be when Mephone just woke up?" Test Tube raised an eyebrow. "Elaborate."
    "Y'know, when he was first built. He wouldn't know who Cobs was is he was never awake before then." Lightbulb leaned back, a smug grin on her face. Test Tube considered her words before nodding.

    "Y'know that could be it actually, that would also explain the screen protector." Test Tube wrote that down and underlined it before ripping the note off and pinning it to the cork board. "Screen protector?" Baseball looked to Knife, Knife just shrugged. "In my vision Cobs put a screen protector on Mephone, I mean it makes sense he is a phone after all."