[33] ~Brutal~

(cw for talks of murder, and slight blood.)

~~~~~~~~~~

    Cobs glared at the radar, the beeping of the electric heart monitors becoming background noise. Cobs had long ago started putting wellness monitors inside the Mephone robots. Just in case one of them would be damaged beyond repair, it was useful to know if they died permanently.

    Cobs watched them intently. Mephone4's, Mephone4S's, and Mephone5's wellness monitors beeped in steady synchrony. He waited with almost baited breath for the tell tail flatline of a dead Mephone, his hope pinned on the Mephone4. Despite his hatred for Mephone4S it didn't exactly need to die in order for Mephone5's orders to be complete.

    All he needed were those chips, that was all. Cobs could care less if the Mephone4 died at this point, but as long as those chips were safely in his hands at the end of the day, it didn't matter. If the Mephone5's wellness monitor flatlined, Cobs wasn't sure what he'd even do after that.

    Cobs's head snapped up as the steady beeping suddenly sped up. The Mephone4's monitor beeped faster and faster, Cobs felt a smile form on his face. The rapid beeping eventually fell into one singular monotonous sound as it flatlined.

    And Mephone4 finally died.

    Cobs chuckled, it seemed the Mephone5 was more capable than he initially thought. Now for the Mephone4S-

    Cobs paused, the leveled beeping speeding up once again, but it wasn't coming from Mephone4 or 4S's monitor. The Mephone5's monitor beeped at a rapid pace in a desperate attempt to keep its body alive before succumbing to its death. Cobs cursed under his breath as the long sound rang out, two down, one left.

    Cobs's satisfaction quickly turned to disappointment and confusion. Did 4S kill them both? Did the 4S kill the Mephone5 to avenge 4? God if only he could see, that would make this loads easier. Cobs sighed, he crossed his arms and stared at the monitors as if they would change again, yet nothing happened. He rolled his eyes, frustrated.

    He was just about to shut down the program when a stray beep caught his attention. He looked at it again, the flat lines of Mephone4 and Mephone5 blaring in his ears as Mephone4S's beeped faster. Cobs stared in awe as Mephone4's monitor started back up again, the long sound being interrupted by a faint but steady beep.

    As 4S's monitor flatlined, Mephone4's monitor came back to life. Fascinating, fascinating indeed. Cobs had never seen this before, sure it was possible for 4S to downgrade into Mephone4, he implemented the wellness monitor to recognize the Mephone version for this specific reason. But he had never expected it to actually happen, for one version to downgrade into another in order to keep that version alive, sacrificing up their own life in the process.

    Cobs rushed to the check the Mephone4S's version number. Cobs waited impatiently for the page to load before finally reading the evaluation. "Sorry, this version seems to be lost, discontinued, or disconnected from the network." The page read. It seemed Mephone4S truly was gone.

     Cobs shut the program down. Now with the Mephone5 being gone he'd have to start on a new project soon. But he couldn't stop himself from wondering. The Mephone4 body has the P.S.E-1 chip inside it, of course the Mephone4 was never able to use the abilities granted to it by the chip but....

    A million "what if?" Scenarios entered his brain. What if it could use the energy? If the Mephone4 could use the abilities then that meant the power would be a part of the version itself. What would happen, hypothetically, if the version of the phone with the powers inside it was put into a body with another P.S.E chip? Would they cancel out? Or would it lead to something else....