[31] ~Talk To Me~

(tw for slight scab picking [cause I'm projecting again lmao] and past toxic relationships)
~~~~~~~~~~~

_Project: Shimmer_

Entry. 74     ##/##/####

    It seems eliminating the emotion emulator entirely was the way to go. Mephone5 has followed every single instruction I have gave it since its creation to the letter. A much appreciated deviance from Mephone4's and Mephone4S's relentless rule breaking.

    The disappearance of Mephone4 and Mephone4S is still an issue, however. The Mephone5 is leagues easier to train, mostly due to the fact Mephone4 and Mephone4S are still in possession of the P.S.E chips. Mephone5 will be deployed in the following month to collect them.

    Whether Mephone5 has to kill them in its mission to retrieve them is of no importance to me. All that matters is I get those chips back in my possession, and into a new Mephone model as fast as possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
°

.
.
.
.

.

.

    With the show going on and Mephone's growing paranoia after getting his memory gems back, Mephone forgot how nice to was to simply talk to his brother. Over the course of the hour and a half they spent talking to each other at 3am and the following day they spent doing the exact same thing after waking up at noon. Mephone finally managed to catch Mepad up on everything that has happened over the past week.

    The sudden power, the crack, 4S, the memory gem....killing Cobs. All of it. God has it really only been a week? It sure as hell didn't feel like it. So much has happened in such a short amount of time...it was honestly kind of scary how fast it all went. And yet despite all that's happened....the nightmares still persisted.

    He didn't tell Mepad about that part, he would have hated making Mepad worry more than he already was, especially so soon after getting back. Despite trusting and finding comfort in Test Tube, he couldn't bring himself to tell her about the night terrors, let alone the spector that followed his every move.

    He didn't speak anymore, always hiding in the corners of his gaze or in dark doorways. His dead cold eyes always stared at him no matter what he did, but despite his constant presence he's managed to ignore it for the most part.

    He didn't tell Mepad about that part either.

    After Mepad learned about everything the normal balance between him and Mephone seemed to shift slightly. Mepad seemed to completely skip the part about Mephone killing Cobs entirely and go straight to the part about 4S. Mephone then came to the realization that Mepad has absolutely no idea who 4S was and Mephone had to go through the uncomfortable explanation once again about his body technically not being his and that 4S was dead but not quite. Mephone was starting to get very tired of explaining things to people.

    But he could make an exception for his brother because Mepad is the best listener Mephone has ever known, Test Tube being an extremely close second. Mepad took the whole "Cobs being dead and killed by Mephone." Situation surprisingly well. Most likely because Mepad was lucky enough to never have to meet the man in person and the only things he knows about him is what Mephone has told him himself. Which admittedly isn't a lot.

    Mepad just sat there and listened to him throughout the entire thing. Occasionally asking questions and only really ever reacting drastically when it came to the well being of the 4 contestants unfortunate enough to be injured and irreversibility wrapped up in this entire situation. If Mephone could go back he would definitely lay into them about not flying all the way to Meeple and getting themselves possibly killed permanently. But despite his immense guilt over it he couldn't exactly do that.