[20] -Home-

Warning for auditory/visual Hallucinations, and mentions of child abuse.
-----------------

  "I didn't think he would just run off like that!" Paintbrush paced the lobby, practically making scorch marks in the carpet. Lightbulb stood to the side, unsure how to calm the anxious brush. Test Tube sat on the couch with an upset Fan. He stared at his destroyed phone, dejected at his gift being ruined. "It's alright fan, it looks like the screen is just damaged, I'm sure I can fix it." Test Tube patted his back but Fan just sighed. Suitcase anxiously tapped her foot on the ground, Paintbrush's panic influencing her own. A door slam made Paintbrush pause.

    "Alright, what the hell is going on down here?!" Knife stomped down the stairs, Baseball on his heels. "Dude- slow down!" Pickle jumped down the last 2 steps, he leaned on the wall, breathing heavily. Knife crossed his arms and glared at Test Tube accusingly. He held up his phone, "I got the message from Lightbulb, what's going on?" Pickle looked at everyone confused. Knife told him a little bit about what happened at Meeple, but this was new.

    Test Tube sighed and stood up. "Paintbrush and Mephone got in an argument. He freaked out and ran off. OJ and Paper are looking around for him in the hotel, but I doubt he's even here anymore..." Test Tube looked worriedly out the front window. It was pouring outside, puddles littered the ground. The group looked to the staircase as OJ descended down them. He looked to the group and shrugged. "I checked all of the second floor, he isn't there, Paper's checking the last of the 3rd floor, but..." OJ didn't need to finish his sentence.

     Test Tube's worries only grew. Mephone wouldn't be able to survive in rain like this. Pickle looked especially confused. "A fight? A fight about what?" They all stared at Test Tube and Paintbrush, awaiting an answer. Paintbrush rubbed their temple. Test Tube hesitated. She looked to OJ, glancing at Pickle, he nodded. "Knife has filled you in on what happened at MeCloud, correct?" Pickle stood stunned. "Well yes- bits and pieces mostly, but I know about...what Mephone did, if that's what you're wondering..." Test Tube nodded.

    "We questioned Mephone about why he was so calm about suddenly having these strange abilities out of nowhere. He told us he had them before, when we asked why we had never seen them until now, he lied, and said they vanished out of nowhere, only to appear again, but stronger now." Knife, Baseball, OJ and Pickle all listened intently. "Paintbrush said some..." Test Tube thought back to the comments Paintbrush made about Cobs. "... unsavory.. things in the heat of the moment." Paintbrush grimaced, guilt flashing in their face. "Mephone freaked out, broke Fan's phone with his powers, and ran off somewhere."

    Silence stretched out between the group before a voice interrupted it. "Oh! Are you lookin for mistah phone?" They all turned towards the voice. Toilet sat on a stool in the kitchen, cracks still prominent in his porcelain. OJ stared wide eyed at him. "How long have you been there???" Toilet laughed, "Oh Orangie, I've been here the whole time!" Toilet replied cheerily. OJ face palmed but Suitcase stood up. "Wait, do you know where he went?"

    "Pshh, of course I do! I'm his co-host after all, it's my job to know these things." Toilet explained. Test Tube perked up. "Where did he go?" Her voice was solid and stern. For a small moment, Toilet dropped his aloof attitude. He nodded outside, right of the hotel. "Mistah phone went outside and ran that a way, towards the contestant grounds. Why, I have no clue....but he definitely didn't look alright..." Toilet trailed off, the air around them becoming somber and concerned. Paintbrush sped walked over to the door, grabbing a jacket from the coat rack as they went.

    "I'm going after him." Baseball shot up. "What?!" Paintbrush paid him no mind as they slipped the jacket on and reached for the door. Test Tube was quick to grab their arm, preventing them from leaving. "Test Tube let me go!" Paintbrush's bristles sparked but Test Tube didn't move. "Paintbrush, no." Test Tube pulled them away from the door. "I'll go find him, you stay here." Paintbrush's hair smoked, their frustration rising. "But- I made him run off in the first place I should be th one out in the rain-" Test Tube held up a hand, shushing them.