[30] ~Hey Brother~

~~~~~~~~~~~~

_Project: Shimmer_

Entry. 70     ##/##/####

    Mephone4S is gone. Mephone4 is gone.

    They are both coming back to me dead whether they like it or not. I'll make sure of it.

    *No further information is available at this time due to Meeple's restricted access clause.*

~~~~~~~~~~~~
°

.
.
.
.

.

.

    Mephone felt numb, which was an unexpected upgrade from the up and down emotions he experienced days prior. It was 3 in the morning, and Mephone certainly wasn't prepared for any of this.

    As Test Tube carefully guided the what looked to be extremely tired Microphone and the very much passed out Mepad, Mephone found he had no idea what to do with his body. Test Tube jumped into action immediately, placing Mepad on the table and looking him over for any injuries. Mephone just stood there like an idiot, looking between all 3 of them completely shell shocked.

    Mephone rushed over to the table Test Tube had put Mepad on. He stood there and stared at his brother's sickeningly unmoving form. God he had never seen him that silent and still since Mepad was first rebooted- Mephone stood to the side, clenching and unclenching his hands desperately wanting to help but having no idea how. Despite Test Tube's poking and prodding Mephone felt if he even reached towards him Mepad would crumble into dust.

    Mephone couldn't get over how dead he looked. Just lying there under the medical office's fluorescent lights, his screen black as ink and unresponsive. If they were biological like Test Tube or Microphone, Mephone was sure Mepad would be pale as a ghost, or maybe he was just projecting. His mind raced with irrational thought, and he found himself repeating a specific one in his brain: "Please say I didn't just lose another brother."

    Test Tube, bless her soul, must have noticed Mephone's growing panic because her expression soon shifted to one of sympathy. She grabbed his hand, making Mephone flinch in surprise as she gently placed his hand on Mepad's chest. Mephone could feel the faint beat of Mepad's mechanical heart in his fingers. Mephone let out a choked sigh in relief. "I looked him over, aside from some dirt he has no injuries, he's alive, calm down."

    Mephone repeated her words in his head, "he has no injuries, he's alive, calm down." He nodded, keeping his hand on Mepad as if the heart beat would suddenly disappear at any second. As his mind finally slowed down Mephone addressed the second new presence in the room. He turned to Mic. He stuttered, speechless and unsure how to begin. "You better have a good explanation for this." He settled on, voice raw and practically begging for answers.

    Mic raised her hands in a surrender like gesture.
"Look- I know this probably looks bad-"
    "Looks bad?!" Mephone yelled, Test Tube putting a hand on his shoulder once she saw the sparks emitting from his eyes. A silent reminder for him to calm himself. Mephone breathed for a moment before speaking again. "Why is my brother like this, and why did you have him?"

    Mic rubbed her eyes, exhaustion clear in her face. "He's in sleep mode, don't worry." Mephone felt a weight lift off his shoulders at that. "Taco had him and I brought him back."
    "Taco?!" Mephone and Test Tube both said at the same time with varying degrees of surprise.

    Mic waved her hand. "It's a- it's a long story I'll tell you all about it later but the summarized version is Taco stole Mepad to help me win a challenge even though I told her I didn't wanna hurt anyone and I didn't agree with her plan in the first place." Mic breathed deeply. "But I managed to talk to Taco about....some things." She gave Test Tube a look. Test Tube's eyes widened as she glanced at Mephone and and nodded. "And I managed to get him back."