His POV #2

It's been two weeks since the day I almost died and now I'm always making sure to check the perimeter before stepping out of the bus. That has been included on my list of things I shouldn't forget.

Currently, I'm walking in the hallway, keeping my eyes straight ahead. I don't know anyone here except for my brother and professors anyway.

It's lunch break and I'm on my way to the cafeteria. Ren and I know how to cook but don't have the time to prepare our lunch. Besides, we are both lazy to buy ingredients. The food in the cafeteria tastes good anyway. Money wasn't an issue too, our parents are always transferring allowance to our bank account after all.

As I was turning the corner toward the cafeteria I bumped into a girl who is in a hurry. The books and the things she was carrying all fell to the ground due to our collision.

"Ah, I'm sorry!" Says the girl who's quickly picking up her books.

I kneeled, reached out for the book in front of me, and handed it to her. "No worries." I couldn't see her face because she was busy tending to her things.

She stood up but still checked on her stuff, her hair covering her face. "I'm really sorry!" She said while bowing her head.

"It's alr---"

"Geez sorry, I have to go. Thank you, by the way!" She ran away without even looking at me. But her voice sounds familiar. I wonder where I heard it.

Well, not that I mind it.

Upon reaching the cafeteria I ignored all the stares and went straight to the counter to order my preferred lunch for today.

With a tray of food in my hand, I advanced to the vacant seat. Before I even take my first bite someone put down their food on the table and is seated in front of me. It's Ren.

I frowned at him and then proceed to take a bite of my burger. "Why are you here?"

"'Cause I'm not there?" He said munching on his meal. That earned a glare from me. "Why?"

"It's not funny."

"Heh, you're too serious bro." He pointed his spoon at me to emphasize his words.

I squinted my eyes. "Seriously, why? You need something?"

He grinned at me.

Yeah, he needs something indeed.

"Damn bro, I thought you were just a genius. I didn't know you're a mind reader too."

"I'm a genius that's why I know. So what is it? Assignment?"

He scratched the back of his head.

Ah, it's more than one request.

"That's one thing and also.."

I sighed deeply. "Just spill it."

"Sub for me later on our basketball match."

"What the fuck are you saying?" I said stopping myself from throwing my burger in his face.

"Well, I have to do my major project because its due date is tomorrow and I'm still not halfway done." He said avoiding making eye contact with me.

"That's not my fault obviously, so why are you bothering me about it? And why the heck do you need a damn substitute outside of the fucking basketball varsity team?"

"B-Because Coach said he will only allow me to miss this game if y-you will sub for me."

He fucking agreed to it.

"You agreed without asking for my opinion first."

"Sorry!" He said while clasping his hands above his bowing head.

I put down my burger to massage my temple. This brother of mine is a huge headache.

"Fine."

"Really? Then---"

"In one condition." I looked at him seriously, and he gulped.

"W-What is it?"

"Don't expect me to help you with your major project." Then I continued eating my burger.

"Fuc---!"

"So what time is it?" Intentionally shutting him off.

I won.

God bless~ 💕