Her POV #9

As I went out of the room, I immediately took off my blazer and hang it on my shoulder. I also folded my long sleeves up to my elbow.

Ah, formal attire is so hassle.

"All good?"

I looked up and in front of me is Rin also in his formal attire. He's holding his coat while leaning on the railing of the corridor. As usual, he is oozing confidence.

I adjusted my eyeglass, smiled at him, and nodded. "It went well, thankfully."

Rin matched my smile before taking a step forward to plant his free hand on my head. "Great job, Aya. Congrats on completing the final Capstone Defense."

"Congrats to you too. I'm so sure you aced it as always, Mr. Genius."

He grinned. "I sure did, Ms. Prodigy."

It's been three months since the start of the second and final semester. We spend most of it doing our thesis. On Initial Capstone Defense we presented three thesis projects that we wanted as the focus of our paper. Our panelists chose the best one and we have to go through with it as our final Capstone project.

Both I and Rin become busy doing various site visits and researching. It was almost too rare to see each other even at university but he always makes time for me. We had weekly dates and he would wait with me at the gate for my father to arrive and pick me up. On weekends, usually Saturdays, he would always pay me a visit at home. That's why even if we don't have a lot of time together at university we are updated with each other's affairs. After all, we would chat with one another every night before sleeping.

We both don't like staying up until morning doing school stuff. We value sleep a lot more than our grades. Even though he has an obsession with studying, I've come to know that he still put his health as his priority. Since we started our thesis paper as soon as possible, we managed to finish it without having to pull out an all-nighter as most of our classmates does.

"Have you noticed? You're becoming a lot more famous lately." I said when a sophomore greeted Rin. Honestly, as we walk in the hallway we were greeted by our juniors but mostly it was for Rin.

Rin shrugged. "I don't know, I think I'm already well-known for ranking first since freshman."

Well, that is true but he was kinda aloof that no one dares to even greet him.

"Yeah, but they don't greet you unlike lately."

"Now that you mentioned it, that's indeed true. I wonder what changed?"

"I think it's because you're smiling a lot now, making you look approachable."

"Really?" Rin glanced at me while opening the door of our classroom. Only a few of our classmates are inside and they all look exhausted and over the cloud. Must be the effects of our final defense.

We took a sit and I nodded to Rin's question. "Really. You've been talking often with our classmates and hanging out with Gio and his friends playing basketball sometimes. Mind you, you guys always have a lot of audiences, I know because I'm one of them. I bet your admirers multiplied by now." I rested my chin on my hand while staring at Rin. He's effortlessly handsome even with a crooked collar and loose necktie.

Rin grinned at me. "Were you, perhaps, jealous?"

"Hmm. Not jealous but more like threatened. But, you know, I'm glad that it's our final year." I giggled, I'm also glad that no one but me dared to confess to Rin, face to face. I know some are giving him letters but not talking with him. If ever someone did it before me, I might be one of the girls who would just greet him as he walks past me. That's why I'm happy that I'm the one beside him, walking with him.