His POV #5

Yawning, I make my way to my respective classroom. Early in the morning yet I'm already sleepy. There's no one to blame but that girl.

"Bro, I'll go ahead. I still have to take care of this project." The engineering building is located on the opposite side of the architecture building.

"Make sure to finish that work."

"Yeah, yeah," Ren said before going a separate way.

I'm pretty sure he's almost done. Just need finishing touches and it's ready to be submitted.

I stopped on my track, blocking the doorway.

She's here.

Right there in the front row beside the window is her reading a book. There are no other people here than her and me. I completely have no idea we're classmates. Or was it because I never pay attention?

Ah, she's falling asleep.

Her head is sliding from her palm and her eyes are closing slowly. In a matter of seconds, her forehead hit the table which woke her up.

"Aww..." She uttered while massaging her forehead. As if she noticed me standing in the doorway, she shifted her gaze to my way.

Our eyes locked. Her lips parted as if she couldn't believe I witnessed what just happened.

"Y-You didn't see that right?" Aya asked in hope that I would say no.

"I saw it."

"You did..." She put down her right hand from caressing her forehead then she smiled at me as if nothing happened. "Good morning."

"Morning," I replied before walking to my chair. I didn't even know how long I was standing in the doorway.

Why did I stare at her for that long?

I settle down on my seat, put down my bag, and bring out my laptop. I guess I'll work since it's still 8:30 am. We went to university earlier than usual so that Ren can continue his project without worrying about getting late.

I was about to type when a pink notebook blocked the keyboard. I looked up only to see Aya smiling at me while handing me her notebook.

What is this? A confession book?

"Notes from yesterday's class. I noticed you weren't able to attend and I'm aware you don't know anyone in our class so, here."

Unconsciously, I took her notebook without breaking eye contact. "Thanks."

She adjusted her eyeglass and then slightly nod at me. "You're welcome." She then walked back to her seat but stopped midway to look back at me. "Ah, by the way, my handwriting is not good at all so sorry in advance and I hope you'll be able to understand it still."

"No worries."

Aya once again smiled. "Alright."

Now that she lend me her notes I just realized that I forgot about the class I missed yesterday.

And it's because of Aya.

I flipped the page of her notebook. It's colorful. So many highlighted sentences and the definition of unfamiliar words or terms used are written on the side of the page. What caught my attention the most is the cute drawings of cats in her comments and understanding of the lessons.

Her handwriting is not bad at all.

It was written in all capital letters but the size is small though it's neat and readable. This is the first time that I saw other people's writing and style of taking down notes. Yet I think this is the most adorable and amazing of all.

I took a glance at her back, since I'm completely in the back, on the same line as her. She's now yawning, keeping her eyes open just to continue reading her book.

I'm thankful that she's so thoughtful to the point that she, herself, approached me just so I won't be left behind on lessons. I didn't even ask, she just volunteered. I also have no idea how she noticed my absence when I'm this far from her. I truly appreciate her effort.

But there's just one thing I'm curious about. This thought has been running through my head this entire time. No matter how much I try not to think about it it just keeps coming back to me. I know I should be glad but I'm somehow very confused right now.

Just why the heck she never brought up what she said last night?

Was that really just a dream?

God bless~ 💕