Her POV #1

As I go down the stairs I can't stop myself from yawning. I couldn't sleep that well last night because of what happened yesterday. Everything still feels so surreal to me. Did that really happen?

"The genius is in love with you too. I love you, Aya."

Yeah, definitely not a dream. I can't help thinking about it to the point that I fall asleep late.

But not only because of that confession but also because of Rin asking my parents directly for permission to court me. I don't know exactly what happened since the moment Rin open up about his intention for coming to our house Dad just dragged him inside the study room without saying anything. I was left with Mom looking puzzled as well.

It's understandable though, that was the first time a man came to our house to respectfully ask for the permission of courting me after all.

For sure, it will be the last too.

When Rin came out of the room unscratched I was relieved but they wouldn't tell us what happened inside. It will be a mystery for now.

"Good morning, Mom, and Dad."

They both smiled at me before answering in unison. "Good morning, Kei."

"So how's your sleep?" Mom asked. She's preparing the dining table, putting plates in front of our seats while Dad is holding the plate of fried rice on the left and egg and bacon on the right, waiting for mom to finish before putting it down.

I sat down on my seat and yawned once again. "Not enough. I wanna sleep more. Can I skip class?"

"Silly. Of course, you can't." Dad answered, patting my head. "Was it because of what happened yesterday?"

"Daddy, you don't even have to ask. It's so obvious on Kei's face already." Mom is now pouring fried rice on my plate as well as Dad's.

"I just need confirmation, Mommy. So?"

I picked up my fork and then stabbed the bacon in front of me. I took a bite of it first before nodding.

Yummy!

"See? I told you." Mom said in a tone of bragging.

"Yeah, right. You're so brilliant, Mommy." Dad replied, sarcastically, while brushing Mom's hair. Mom just grinned at Dad.

This genuine moment between my parents always makes me smile. They look like a teenager to me who just encountered their first love. They do meet each other in high school though, and Dad officially courted Mom when they were in first-year college. The courting lasts for four years because Mom made a promise to her parents that she won't be in a romantic relationship as long as she hasn't received her diploma yet.

And I intend to do that too.

What's awesome is Dad waited patiently and faithfully like it was just for a short period. Like Rin, Dad asked for permission by paying a visit to Mom's parents' home. They approved of him, and that's the only consequence, he have to wait for four years. Dad has something to hold on to because Mom told him how she feels. So from the very beginning, it's already mutual they only have to fight and endure against time. Obviously, love wins and I'm the result, also my brother in heaven.

"So, going back, Mommy's not against Rin, Kei. You have my blessing." To spice it up, Mom gave me a thumbs-up and a wink, which made me chuckle.

"Well, I'm not against it too. But I don't want you to rush it, Kei. I trust you, and I know you're big enough to decide for yourself. Also, I know for a fact that you are disciplined and won't commit to any relationship without giving it a deep, long thought. But there's only one thing I wouldn't like to see. I don't want to see you regret your decision. So take your time. Understood, Kei?"