His POV #8

"We're done at last!" Aya let out a sigh of relief before resting her head on the table.

"Yeah, we did a great job finishing it three days before the submission. We can still check for errors and have enough time for revision if ever." I said as I'm tucking in my laptop inside my bag.

"That's true. Ah, manual drawing is so tiring." Aya's tools are still scattered on the table. Seems like she doesn't have enough strength to clean it all up right away.

"Well, you chose that yourself."

"I know and I don't regret it at all."

"Aya!" Now I know that voice. It's Aya's cousin, Mizu. What happened one week ago is something I wouldn't forget in my whole life. Good thing I managed to act it up to not appear embarrassed by my own mistake. Still, I couldn't believe I'd done something like that. That's the first time I was triggered enough to act without thinking I don't even know why I did it. At least now everything is cleared already.

Since that day Mizu would come at us to ask for Aya's opinion about the project he is working on. He's a fourth-year Electrical Engineering student yet he still relies on Aya whenever he's confused about something. That is very odd since we Architecture students don't have in-depth knowledge about Engineering, we only learn specific and important parts which are to be applied in our drawings. Though, as for me, I study it myself not just electrical but everything that we need to know for effective planning and designing. I'm not satisfied with just common knowledge, I'm always seeking deep understanding on a certain subject.

And looks like Aya's the same as me.

"Mizu, you need something?" Asked Aya who was still laying her head on the table.

"I need your help. I fucking forgot my project at home, help me!" Worry and panic can be heard in Mizu's voice. That's a big problem.

Aya immediately stood up. "Are you serious?" She asked in disbelief.

"I wish I'm joking."

"That's bad! How come you only realized that just now?! Geez, Mizu."

"Help me, please. The submission of that is today. I can't leave, I still need to attend my last class."

"What time is the submission?" Aya asked while quickly cleaning her things on the table and throwing it all in her bag. She doesn't even arrange it properly like usual.

Well, this is an emergency.

"8:00 pm. Ah fuck, I messed up so bad." Mizu is facing back and forth while rubbing the back of his head in frustration.

"Stop blaming yourself, will you? We still have 4 hours, don't worry I can make it. So go back to your class and relax." Aya is amazing. To be able to smile in this situation and give that kind of assurance is a big help already. She knows how to gain the trust of the person she's talking with.

She's so interesting.

"Will you be okay though? It will be hard to carry." Mizu asked in concern.

It's my time to step up.

"I'll come with her," I said as I'm staring directly at Mizu so that he'll know I'm serious.

"Eh? Are you sure, Rin? It's like an hour and a half ride to get there." Aya countered.

I stood up and pick up my bag. "I'm hundred percent sure. Let's go the time is running." I walked past the two of them heading to the exit.

"A-Alright. Mizu, trust me I'll make it in time." I heard Aya say before running off to me.

"Thank you so much Aya, Rin!" That's what we last heard before finally exiting the study area.