His POV #4

"Oh bro you're up early today. It's still 7:00 am, usually, you wake up at 8:00 am." Said Ren who is still busy doing his major project. I'm guessing he didn't sleep at all.

So do I.

"Yeah, a little change wouldn't hurt."

"So will you help m---"

"No." Cutting him off. This kid never learned.

"I'm gonna die, bro! Have some mercy!" He's weeping on the floor. He never grew up.

I looked at his work. It's decent, just a little more work, and it's done.

"What time is your submission?"

Ren's face lit up. "5:00 pm you'll help me now?"

I smirked at him. "Of course not. That's almost done, you can do it."

Now he looks devastated. "Fuck! Don't lift my hopes only to let them fall and break into pieces!"

I shrugged. "I just asked the time of submission. I didn't say I'll help you. So who's lifting hopes of who?"

He just sighed. "Damn you, genius."

I won again.

"Do you want coffee?"

"Yeah sure, I need it to keep myself awake," Ren said while now continuing his work.

"That's what you get from cramming. Do it often and you'll die." I said after tying my running shoes shoelace, might as well go for a little jog.

"I know, I know. Get the fuck out already. I need black coffee, by the way."

"Yeah, just finish your fucking work on time."

I heard him snicker at me before I shut the door close. Sometimes, I'm questioning whether we're really brothers. But with all honesty, we understand each other and we are always been on good terms since were kids. Of course, we have experienced punching each other in the face, fighting over a toy, not talking to one another for a week or so, and many more conflicts. But it will just pass as if nothing happened.

Ren is younger by three years. I don't know if I'm fulfilling my role as his older brother but I know, he knows that I care for him and his future. There are only two of us ever since I may not or can't say it but I put it into action.

Upon stepping out of the dorm I jog my way to the nearest Starbucks which will take a person 30 minutes to reach by jogging. It's been a while since I last did this. Usually, I just jog on school breaks, and sometimes on weekends too. I've been busy so I haven't done it for months.

The morning breeze is nice. I'm glad there's not much pollution here, since Q University is not located in Metro Manila. But even if that's the case this university is very well-known all over the Philippines in terms of the Architecture and Engineering program.

Starbucks reached. I went inside and was welcomed by a cozy relaxing atmosphere. Sometimes I go here to do my plates. I can focus more on this kind of vibe.

After getting the coffee I went to the waiting shed to wait for the bus. I can't jog back because these coffees will be cold by then.

I immediately went inside the bus when it stopped in front of me. Took a seat and pay for the ride. It'll just take a matter of time until I reach the dorm.

I'm getting sleepy.

Geez.

Gently, I massaged my temple. I couldn't sleep at all last night because of what happened in that room. I couldn't believe I'd been confessed to by the girl who helped me. It's too sudden. We don't even know each other yet she said she's in love with me.

Just what the heck?

It's not like this is the first time that a girl confessed to me, they usually give me love letters and then leave. But I never responded to any of those because to me it's just a distraction. Also, I don't have any idea whether they mean it or not.

Though this girl, Aya, is different. She directly confessed to me, with eye contact and all. She even smiled at the end but she left before I can even say a word.

A really strange girl.

I hit the metal bar with my coin when I saw that I'm almost at the dorm. The bus stopped, I first checked if there was a vehicle coming from the right, and it was clear. I stepped out of the bus and jog inside the dorm to mine and Ren's room.

"Took you long enough, bro," Ren said still doing his work.

"Better than taking forever doing a major project."

"Tsk. Just give me my black coffee." I handed him his coffee. "Thanks, bro."

"You're welcome." I took a sip of my coffee.

The best.

God bless~ 💕