chapter 14: you are my sunshine

"Mama...mama...look i found a bird in our backyard" a young girl run inside the house holding an injured bird. He showed it to her mama "The bird is injured mama, can you heal her?" She ask.

"Ow..let me see that" her mama said and then the girl give the bird to her mama. They both sit in the couch in the living room inspecting the birds injured leg. "Here..i put some ointment and bandage to her legs. Lets put her in a cage for awhile" and then they put the poor bird inside.

"Mama..is she going to be ok?" Ask the little girl.

"She will baby..don't worry" and he give his sweet smile to his daughter and its Beam..

Beam is now a mother. He has a beautiful daughter named Hanna Taeyin Baramee Vongphipan.

 He has a beautiful daughter named Hanna Taeyin Baramee Vongphipan

(Photo is not mine. Ctto)

She is 5 years old. He is cute like her mother, very smart at her age. Beam can't hide the fact that Hanna inherit some of her fathers look even some of his attitude. She has a smart mouth like her father. As Hanna grew older, Beam never keep a secret from her. Actually she knows who is her father, she knows everything that happened between her mama and Forth (but ofcourse except some explicit content of the story).

Beam never make Hanna get angry to Forth but Hanna do understand the heart ache that her mother felt when he was with her father, so she herself don't bother to ask Beam the whereabouts of his so called father.

They happily live at Korea. Beam is now a renowned neurosurgeon at his young age. He is the one of the best doctor in Koreas number one hospital. He lived with his younger sister, Bea. Bea is also a doctor, a pediatrician.

Bea will be married in a few months to her Korean boyfriend and Beam is so happy for his little sister. Their parents are also respectable doctors, actually they owned the number hospital in Bangkok and some hospital around the world. But because of what happen to Beam, they decided to live in Korea and leave the hospital under the care of Bens bestfriend. Mr.David Jaturapoom, Forths father.

Yes,. Ben and David were bestfriends. despite of what happened to their sons, they still in contact. So Ben always have a information regarding Forth. Even though they both know that their sons love each other, Ben decided to take Beam away. He said that there is always a right time for everything. "Let them find their selves first, and if through the years that they still both love each other.. We...the parents will do anything to make them together." He said.

Ben knows that Forth almost killed himself, and David once beg to him to let him see Beam. But Ben did not allowed. "Make himself worthy of my son" that was his words to David. Then they persuade Forth to be at his best so that if one day Beam go back, he is a better man.

Ben on his part, witnessed how Beam truly love Forth. From 6 years he never see his son dating anothe man, he just focused on her Job and to his daughter.

Beam once said that Hannah is her sunshine cause there were times that he saw his son cry silently over Forths picture and he admits to his father that he is still inlove with Forth, but he is a wise man now. He will choose first his daughters well being before his and Hannah is enough for him to make his gloomy day better.

So Ben decided that "this is the time."

One afternoon. Beam has no work for today, so he stays at home with his daughter. He carry hia daughter on his chest while he is leaning on the head board of the bed singing a song to Hannah.

🎶You are my sunshine
🎶My only sunshine
🎶You make me happy
🎶When skies are gray
🎶You'll never know, dear
🎶How much I love you
🎶Please don't take my sunshine away

Hanna fell asleep then Ben came. He whispers "Hey sweety...she already asleep..can we talk?" he said.

"Yes dad..wait i'll put her into bed" said Beam. Then he followed his Father outside. "What do you want to drink dad?"

"Coffee sweety"

"Ok..wait a minute i will make one"

When he return his father is siting on the couch watching tv.

"Here's your coffee dad" said Beam and Ben get the cup of coffee. "How is mom?"

"She has a meeting today" said Ben "How are you son?" He ask

Beam chuckle. "Dad..we almost see each other everyday, hence you always ask me how am i?"

Ben laugh.. "Oh..yeah..hahaha" and they both laughed. "By the way son..i have something important to tell you"

"What is it dad?" Beam ask while sipping his coffee.

"You know that we've been here for a long time..and we leave our hospital in Bangkok behind. Your grandmother ask me to take it again but you know that i have so many works here at Korea"

Beam listen carefully to his father. "And?"

"I know that...you leave Thailand for good..but i need you son, our hospital needs you"

"And?" Beam ask again

"Please manage the hospital son..you are the only one i can rely on this now, as you can see your sister set her life here in Korea" Beam didn't talk for awhile. "I didn't ask for too much son, only this one" he pleaded.

Beam blink.. His dad is true, they never asked him anything, he just let him do what he wants. And he can't hide forever.

"Ok dad... i will manage it" said Beam

"Really?"

"Yes dad."and he smiles

"Thank you son...thank you" said his dad. "Just tell me when will you planned to go back to Thailand, me and your mom will clear our schedule to accompany you there and endorse you to the board." His dad is so happy "thank you again baby" he then hug Beam

"No worries dad..after all i am a Vongphipan, it's my duty to take good care of our family's asset...right?" He said and his dad chuckles.

"That's my son" his dad said and he embraced him once again. Then Hanna wake up.

"Grandpa your here"she said and hug Ben.

"Yes baby..i came to visit you and give you this" he show the paper bag that full of chocolates.

"Wow..thank you grandpa" said Hanna but Beam is the one he take the paper bag.

"Mom.." Hanna pouts, god she is so cute. Everytime he pouts, Beam remind him of pouting Forth.

"What did i say to you..hmmm? Don't eat too much chocolate right and you dad,. I already told you that no more chocolates for her. She almost ates it everyday" he scold his father.

"But son, she loves chocolates..."

"No buts dad.. and for you little one.. you have to promise mama that youre going to eat just one piece everyday ok? Not the whole pack...aisst"

"Ok mama, i promise"

"Good then"

"Can i have one nah...nah.." she pouts again and Beam melt with that.

"Ok..just one..hmmm?" And Hanna happily nods.

"Uhmmm..so yummy.. thank you grandpa. I love you..so..so..much" Hanna said while munching his chocolates. And Beam just smiles at her daughter.