chapter 17: the accident

After they met at the hospital, Forth was so devastated. When he got home he immediately lock himself at his room. Theres a loud bang you could hear from the outside. He keep on throwing things he reach. Keep on punching the wall until he feels numb and knuckles bleeding. When his mother successfully opening the door, there she saw Forth slumping on the cold floor with blood on his hand and crying. The room was destroyed, its like it was rummage by a typhoon.

She immediately approach her son and hug him.

"Son what happen?" She ask. She also has a tears in her eyes.

"Mom..he is back...Beam is back" Forth said

"Oh..that is a good news. But why youre like this..hmmm?"

"Mom...hic...mom...hic..he...doesn't want....me...mom..it fucking...hurts mom..." Forth said unable to say those words because of crying.

"Sshhh....stop crying nah...just give him time son"

"Mom..i..i don't know...what ..to do.. i also saw..my..my duaghter mom..and.. it seems..that...she...also..hates me.."

"Don't say that son...don't give up on them..you once said that when you see him again you'll do everything to win him back again..right?"

Then Forth didn't talk and look at her mother.. "Youre right mom...i.. will do everything mom...i will do everything" he said with a faint smile on his face.

Then his mother wipe his tears and kiss him on the forehead. "Then fix youre self up son.. Beam and your daughter is waiting for you..hmmm? Just don't give up, ok?" And Forth nods.

Then days passed. Forth always go to the hospital and visi Beam, but Beam do all things just to avoid the man. There is one time that Forth cornered him in his office and give him flowers and chocolates but Beam throw it on the trash can near him. You can see that Forth got hurt for what he did but he keep on smiling and said. "Ok..maybe you doesn't like lilys anymore and chocolates..i'll bring rose and cookies tomorrow instead.." and with that he leaves the place with a gloomy face.

Phana saw it all. Beam is being unreasonable this days. He has changed a lot, Phana thought. "I need to do something" he said.

At Beams office.

"Can we talk?" Phana ask

"About what?" Beam said

"About Forth."

"Theres nothing to talk about him Pha" Beam said and divert his gaze on his computer ignoring Phana.

"Beam youre going unreasonable don't you know that?"

Beam glares at him. "You know Pha, i don't care if i am being unreasonable..ok? He deserves that"

"Oh really?" Phana said snorting "you know what..youre being selfish here Beam..what about Hanna? Don't you think that she needs her father too? You just think of yourself, don't you?" Phana said and Beam got speechless

"Kit told me that when he once had a conversation with Hanna, Hanna said that she wants to meet her father but she was afraid that you might got angry and mad, that's why she never asked you"  Beam still speechless.

"Now Beam, tell me that youre not being selfish.. you only care for your hurt ache, you only care for your sufferings, but you never cared for your daughters sufferings." And Phana turn around, but before he open the doors he talk again.

"And by the way, Forth is one of our patient in psychiatric department. He once tried to kill himself when he thought of not finding you anymore." And with that he leave Beam.

Beam was shocked on what he hears. "He tried to kill himself?" He murmurs and a tears scaped from his eyes.

When he got home, he found Hanna in her room holding a picture frame. It is a picture of Forth that she found on her mama's things.

"I wish i can meet you dada..i want to  experience the feelings of having a father...of having a complete family..but i am afraid that mama will be mad..i am sorry dada.." she said and Beam hears that and he slowly close the door and go to his own room crying.

"Oh my god..what have i done? Am i being selfish?" He ask to himself.

After they eat their dinner. He accompany his daughter to her room. He hug her while they were lying on the bed.

"Baby..i want to ask you something" he said

"About what mama?"

"Do...do..you..want to see your father?" He ask and Hanna got startled a bit and look up to him.

"But...mama.." hanna said but she did nit finish her words when Beam speak again.

"It's ok baby...mama will not get mad" and he smile

"Are you sure?" Ask Hanna

"Of course baby..we will going to see him on saturday..hmmmm?" He said

Hanna smiles widely. "Thank you mama" she said and hug her mother.

"Ok..go to sleep now" he said and kiss her forehead.

"Ok mama...good night.i love you"

"I love you too baby"

Beam decided to talk to Forth the following day, he is doing his rounds when his phone rings. It's Kit

"Hey Kitty,.. what's up?" Said Beam.

"Beam..where are you?" Ask Kit

"I'm here at the 4th floor, doing rounds..why?"

"Beam come here quick..at the emergency room" said Kit in panicked

"Why?" Beam ask confuse

"Just go fucking down here Beam..quickly" Kit shout and hang the phone.

"What's with him?" Beam murmurs and he quickly go to the elevator and went to the emergency room. He saw that Kit was there with Phana, and Lam was also there with Park.

"What happen?" He ask and approach them.

"Beam..Forth is inside?" Said Phana

"Fo..forth...why?" He ask confuse

"He got an accident while he is on his way here." Lam said

"How is he?" He ask in panick and immediately enters the emergency room. There he saw Forth lying on the bed lifeless with blood on his head. He was shaking, this can't be happening.

"Director..we need to transfer him to the operating room..there is a blood cloth in his head that needs to be operated as soon as possible." The other doctor said. But Beam is frozen on his spot while staring at Forth while shading tears.

"Director..." the doctor calls him again. Lam approach Beam.

"Cous..relax..don't panick, Forth needs you now." He whispers in Beams ears and then Beam look up to him.

"This is my fault Lam..." he said

"No cous..this is an accident, no one to blame..just gathere yourself cause Forth needs you..hmmm?" Said Lam and Beam nods and go back to his senses.
He go near Forths bed. "Hang on there love...don't leave us..ok? I will save you. Hanna needs you and i need you too love..just hang on there.. hmmm?" He whispers on Forths ears and kiss him on the lips. "I love you love" he said and Then they instructed the staff to transfer Forth in the operating room. He will be the one to do the operation.